Chapter 84

I'm waitin' up, savin' all my precious time
Losin' light, I'm missin' my same old us
Before we learned our truth too late
Resigned to fate, fadin' away
So tell me, can you turn around?
I need someone to tear me down
Oh, tell me, can you turn around?

But either way
Hold me while you wait
I wish that I was good enough
If only I could wake you up l
My love, my love, my love, my love
Won't you stay awhile?

***

January 30th

Laying in bed, Harry lies beside me while I hold his hand up, and drag my fingertips against his skin as we silently stare up at the ceiling while we take in the calmness of the room.

He hums along to a song I've never heard before that he plays from his record player while I close my eyes, and breathe in the sweet scent of his warm vanilla cologne that had rubbed off on my skin from the night before.

I see his eyes flutter open in the corner of mine, shuffling his legs under the sheets, he groans tiredly when he reaches his arm over onto my stomach and gently rubs circled patterns around my skin with the tip of his finger as I try to fall asleep.

Goosebumps cover my body when he lightly grazes his skin against mine, humming in satisfaction when I lightly giggle from the soft swift touches he presses into my stomach.

I drop his hand down, resting my hand back around his wrist, while I look down and watch him closely as he spells something out on my body, as he stares at me so intently I'm worried he's found a flaw.

I-M-I-S-S-Y-O-U

Looking up into his green eyes after he completes his pattern, I rest my hand on his cheek and smile as I look at him, leaning in close as if I'm about to kiss his lips, but instead rest my forehead against his so our noses touch.

We have still yet to talk about what's going on between us but ever since the argument, we had the other night things haven't felt the same. Even yesterday after what happened with my father, we've barely talked about anything.

I'm not avoiding him, I'm just tired, and it sucks.  Nothing hurts more than missing the person that's laying right next to you.

Placing my hand back over his, I drag my fingertips against his knuckles, and can't help but notice they're still left bare, "still no rings" I mumble softly, regretting my words as I worry my comment could upset him.

He then drags his hand back off of my stomach, and rolls over on his side, grabbing his phone from the end table without saying a word to me about it.

"Well if you don't want to talk to me about that, do you think we can talk about what happened yesterday?" I sit up and rest my back against the headboard as I fold my arms over my chest and sigh.

"What's there to talk about?" he groans tiredly, already sounding annoyed with the thought of the conversation, "Ashton put you in danger once again and I fucked up by grabbing you the way I did. I don't know what else to say" he shrugs his shoulders.

Great, he's in a good mood today. 

"Well we can start by talking about the argument we never had the chance to discuss," I suggest, spinning the ring he had gotten me around on my finger, "we don't have to I just figured-"

Harry rolls back over on his side, presses a kiss against my cheek, then sits up on the bed so he's facing me as he leans over on one arm, "...I'm sorry."