Chapter 67

Feeling Christmas all around
And I'm trying to play it cool

But it's hard to focus when I see you walking around the room

***

Rolling over on the living room couch, Harry's hand smacks into my face, nearly knocking myself off of the furniture for the second time already this early morning.

The sounds of the quiet muffled music that plays from the television fills my heart with joy, while the sounds of the boys obnoxiously snoring around me also seems to bring me comfort.

When we all got home last night we decided to turn on a few movies, and all ended up falling asleep in the living room.

Ashton and Caleb are on opposite ends of the larger sofa on the other side of the room, while i'm laying on top of Harry on the other one, because there's not much room for us to sleep next to each other.

"Psst" I whisper and poke his head, "hey Harry are you awake?" I ask quietly in his ear, resting my cheek down against his collar bone, while I watch his face relax as he sleeps.

Harry groans out loudly, running his hands down from my shoulder all the way to my lower back, which just leads him to slapping his hand down against my ass, "I am now" he giggles childishly, trying to bite my finger teasingly as I poke him.

Rolling my eyes at his wandering hands, I place my hand on his cheek, and pull him close where I press a soft kiss to his warm skin.

"Merry Christmas asshat" I smile widely as I close my eyes, and enjoy the feeling of being wrapped up in his comforting arms.

"Merry Christmas Angel" he says softly in his raspy morning voice, kissing the top of my head gently, before he pulls me even closer to him against his bare chest.

I take in a breath as I inhale the sweet scent of his cologne, and close my eyes again, thinking about the night we had before this morning.

The long long night we had.

Everything leading up to before we got home was very unsettling and hard to get past, but in order for Harry and Ashton to stay safe they need to believe i'm okay.

And seeing as Harry quite literally reads people's emotions for a living, it's going to be a bit difficult especially because I suck so badly at hiding my own. 

But i'm not doing this back and forth bullshit forever. I'm already tired as it is, and i'm not going to let some scary mafia man ruin my life over who knows what exactly.

I mean seriously if you want to ruin my life at least give a reason why. Communication is key but obviously that's not that important to him.

Dickwad.

Today's not about any of that though. Today's meant to be about us and i'm not letting anyone ruin that. Especially myself by overthinking everything like I always seem to do.

Even though a situation like this should be thought over plenty, I don't think it's necessary for today.

We all deserve this one day to be normal.

"I'm gonna make some coffee before they get up" he whispers into my ear, tapping his head down against my hip as he starts shuffling under neath of me.

We both end up getting off of the couch, tiptoeing quietly into the kitchen, where we start the coffee and gather the food for breakfast, before running upstairs and getting ready for the day.