QUEEN HAS 'FALLEN'

Lisa's POV ポ遠じ

When I was first born into the family, I was a blessing to all. I was the secret weapon to deceive as such cruel deals. My father chose to make me take over his throne and to hold the power of being a Manoban, as something so wicked yet laid out. I didn't find myself as an aim until I created my own empire and had the Will to carry a crowd.

Now that my beautiful wife, Jennie, is pregnant. I found myself smiling the next morning. I stretched and looked to my side and noticed how deep in sleep Jennie was. I smirked to myself and leaned in to kiss her face, gently. My hand slowly lifted up the blanket as I moved my head down to kiss her stomach.

"Mommy Jennie likes to sleep a lot". I whispered and then paused, "I hope you're not like her, and actually wake up with me early in the morning".

I tried to listen closely and to hear if my baby made any noises but to my luck, I felt a kick.

"I know you are up, but it's okay". I placed my hand on Jennie's belly. "You know I can sing you, this one song that my mother used to sing me, whenever I cried like a baby".

"Maybe I will sound stupid to you, but mother said I loved that song".

I smiled; "Oh, dear Moon, may I have some rice and soup".

"And brass rings to string around my baby sister's neck. May I have elephants, horses, ducks, chickens, cows, and buffaloes?". I chose to sing in English rather than how it goes in Thai.

"May I also have a gold water scooper?". I hugged Jennie's stomach at this point gently.

"May I have roasted ground sticky rice for my precious sister?". I placed tiny kisses on my wife's stomach. "May I have Lam, the Isan folk opera, for my sister to enjoy?".

"Oh, Dear Moon, I keep begging you". I hummed the last part and closed my eyes.

"I love you". I whispered and reopened my eyes, "I want you to know that I'm going to do my best to make you two smile.. you and mommy, no matter what the odds are".

"Mommy will do that too".

My head rose with the voice of Jennie's.

"Who knew you were such a softie?". I happily moved my head up and pecked her lips before hugging her body like a koala. Ignoring the blush on my cheeks.

"And that was such a nice song". She chuckled at me.

"Yeah, mom used to sing it to me to sleep". I admitted.

"I'm nervous". Jennie bit her lip.

"Why?". I raised my brow and looked at her.

"Your father doesn't know that I'm pregnant yet".

My face muscles started to immediately tense.

"You should tell him". Jennie squeezed my hand. "He needs to know".

I sighed heavily and nodded at her.

-

I gulped hard and found my father sitting in the living room, with his legs crossed as he watched the news. The news? He never watches the news.

"You're actually watching the news".

He nodded without looking back at me.

"There is a first time for everything". He muttered, sharply.

"D-dad?". I whispered.

He looked back at me this time with wide eyes.

"Manoban". I crossed my arms, "There is something you should know".