DWELLING UPON; THE SILENCE

Jennie's PoV ねギ栄

Staring at an empty ceiling, my hands so shaky to the point of feeling the agony fade away, and slowly. My heart started to beg for a saving, a little sunshine to expose the black that has captured my heart.

They say lose yourself in the middle of the crowd, let your heart feel but your mind wonder.

I was caught so often under the remedy of building a home. But how does my helpless soul build an empire when loneliness was my dearest friend?

Lost, how lost I became; to my insecurities.

-

Time slowed down, as my heart played with the symphony of a violin. My eyes traveled against the glass, which revealed the straight posture of the woman my heart longed to touch.

I lied.

I'm lying to keep my demons safe.

My fingertips touched the glass. 'Behind closed doors; She looks so peaceful". I thought to myself. Gazing right through the glass and seeing her write something down.

She was so focused, but something was clouding her mind.

It was evident; from the way she leaned back and then sighed at the work in front of her, to the way her eyes widened at the papers she was reading, the way she rubbed her forehead and rubbed her own hands together with stress.

I longed for her, I longed to take the stress away from her. But why was I always resisting?

The black that embraced my heart started to slowly fade away, my heart softening as I preached my eyes on the beauty in front of me.

"W-what did you do to me, Lisa?". I whispered as my heart stopped once she looked up and met my gaze.

Emotionlessly, she masked away her emotions and motioned for me to come in, my hands getting all sweaty by being in her presence.

I opened the door and felt my heart chase its heaven and fall back to hell when her eyes fired up, pure blankness at me.

Why did she have to make me feel so empty?

"What do you want Ruby?". She asked straightforwardly and looked down at the papers in front of her. Not acknowledging the wreck I am, when I see her.

"Uh.. K-Kai gave me these papers, he said they were important for The Moonlight project". I stuttered off as she froze in her spot.

She clicked her pen and ignored my eyes, which begged to lock with hers, just for a few seconds even. "You could've just gave them to my Secretary, you didn't have to come here". She sharply talked back.

My heart sank at her words, as I arched my eyebrows together. "Does my presence bother you this much?".

Lisa took a deep breath and looked up at me. A raw emotion twinkling in her eyes as she clasped her hands together. I gulped and felt my heart get lifted by her eyes, but then, it sank back down on the ground when she spoke.