BETWEEN; FIRE AND DESIRE

Lisa's POV ポ遠じ

"Why Jennie.. why?". My voice cracked.

My phone started to go off, I wanted to ignore it, but a part of me answered it anyways. I cleared my throat and rasped; "Hello?".

"Lisa". The familiar name is called, Jisoo.

"Yes?". I held in my tears.

I waited for her to speak, a deep breath could be heard from the other line. "Lisa, we need to talk".

I wiped the tears away, "About?".

"Jennie". As she said her name, my heart broke even more. I shivered at the mention of her name and hummed as she spoke.

"Did she say that the child was Kai's?". She asked, I swallowed hard and muttered; "She didn't say, but Joy did".

"Who's Joy?".

"Someone I will probably hate for the rest of my life". I answered bitterly.

"Jennie didn't say anything?". Jisoo asked and I said, "No". The line went silent for a few seconds before I heard the other woman speak.

"That's because it isn't true".

My eyes went wide, in an instant moment, my soul entered my body. My tears were already dry, but the shock on my face was evident. I didn't know how to feel; I don't know whether it was the look of disbelief on my face or the rapid beating of my heart, that neglected her words.

And never, did my heartbeat for the unknown.

"What?". I tried to calm my breathing down.

"As you heard me". Jisoo took a deep breath, her voice was calm and full of honesty. "You don't have to believe everything you hear, Lisa".

"But what do you mean that it isn't true?". I asked, wetting my lips as my gaze moved between the movement of the cars in front of me.

"Lisa". She started firmly, "The child is yours".

I gulped back the saliva down my throat, "But—". Jisoo cut me off, "Don't be determined by what you hear, again". With that, she hung up.

What is happening?

-

I had to find answers.

I had to.

I'm usually the one to take action, to get answers in the easiest way possible. But when the forces of this universe overcome our minds, we don't tend to differentiate between anger and hurt.

And now, I felt the agony creep upon my soul.

Like twilight; I portrayed my insecurities into the sky, and hoped the unseen could be here, melting against the truth. But what was the truth?