AIN'T SCARED; OF THE FALL

Lisa's POV ポ遠じ

Revenge.

Humans do everything out of revenge, and the little promises they made for saving humanity were gone when they shot the girl I fell in love with. Jennie.

I held her close to my chest and closed my eyes, "You can't die and leave me, baby..".

"The ambulance is on the way-". I shrugged my head, wiping the tears away. "The helicopter. Bring it here". Pablo nodded and motioned for his men to isolate the place, not leaving a track or any way to escape the palace.

Kai stepped back, as I slowly lifted Jennie's head, only to kiss the top of it tenderly. I brushed my fingers against her cheeks and whispered; "Y-you won't let go of me Jennie right?".

"And I cross my heart. I cross my heart and hope to die if this old man won't die baby". Moments later, Pablo opened his arms and lifted Jennie. "Keep her safe". I whispered and he nodded and bowed before leaving me here, to face the devil and his son.

I got up from the ground and faced them.

Hate traced my numb heart, which was begging the lord for a saving. "So now that she's gone—". I didn't even let the old man continue, my gun was positioned at his heart.

And as if he had one.

"She isn't gone". I monotoned.

"Woah Woah". He raised his hands, "Let's talk this out-". I stepped closer, staring deep into his selfish soul. The bitter look in my eyes, made his son step back and look at me with fear. "Lisa, calm down let's talk this out". Kai tried to interfere.

"Don't tell me to calm down!".

"Your father shot Jennie. A pregnant woman Kai, do you not what that means?". I looked at him, my lungs begging my heart to slow down.

Blood rushed through my body like an athlete trying to catch up with the rest. But, my mind. It remained loud and torturing; with the thoughts it holds.

"Wasn't the kid yours, Kai?". The old man turned to his son, but fear isolated Kai and his senses. "Kai, answer me". His father interrogated but he remained silent.

"F-father—". The old man slapped his son right across his face. Making him look down in guilt, "I wanted to tell you, father".

"When? When I fucking shot Ruby and her baby?". The old man massaged his temples, but he knew it was too late to worry now when I was standing in front of him. Ready to take him down, just like he pulled the trigger at the woman my heart deeply loved; Jennie. My Jennie.

"So the baby is..".

"Mine". I clenched my jaw, "And I'm not letting my baby be born if you're still alive. Call it the revenge of the Manobans but you messed with the wrong person". With that, I pulled the trigger, seeing his face become so pale and his hands, fall to his sides.

Meanwhile, my whole body was tense with certain worry. My brain was racing back and forth, with the unbearable thoughts of the other woman. On the other hand, my heart was catching fire and burning the old man in front of me with my gaze.

"F-Father". Kai stuttered watching his father fall in front of him.

"What did you do..?". Kai whispered, kneeling, tears falling down his face endlessly, making me blink at my ex-best friend. "I did what is right".

I moved my hand to my side and looked at him. "Do you know what's the difference between me and you Kai?". The Korean looked up, his eyes blinking away the tears that I tried to hold back. "I'm never scared of the fall".

"With all of what I own, I've never doubted fate". I faintly smiled at him, "But you did Kai". I admitted, "By trying to change reality to your side, and you know that's not how it works".  My words were running against his skin - like the heavy void I was holding inside of my chest.

"Reality was fair to you more than it was ever fair to me!". He stood up, and this felt so odd. Seeing the man with the mischievous look, cry.

"What do you mean?". I parted my lips at him.

"Remember Lisa?". He started, "Back in the day when our parents used to be the best friends they are". He smiled, "When my father never questioned his loyalty to yours. But, regarding that. My f-father. He has always spoken about you with vulnerable words".

My throat tightened as he spoke, "Lisa did that; you should be like her". He shrugged his head rapidly, "Imagine your father, comparing you to someone else all the time. And, m-my mother wasn't here. The day I was born, I didn't find a shoulder I can cry on and you can only try to imagine how that f-feels".

Kai's shaky voice made me stare at him, in silence.

"So, growing up I was stuck". He admitted, "I wanted to let go of this heavy feeling inside of my chest. But no, it increased over time". He looked down, his eyes so blank as he stared at his father. "Being a jerk made this feeling only become so bitter".

I sighed heavily, for the first time.

Letting my tears run down my cheeks as he looked back at me, his eyes softened. "I told you, Kai". He looked up, only to stare at me with pain evident in his eyes. "I told you from the start. It could've been you and I, and also Bambam".

"The three goofballs who were invincible to a fault. You being the great athlete you are. Bambam with his cheesy pickup lines and me being the one who felt loved the most by him, and you..".

My hand found his shoulder, as he bit his lip. Trying to hold back the torturing downfall of his tears. "I told you it could've been us Kai. But, you chose this. It was your decision".

I pulled my hand away, letting the heavy feeling inside of my chest, to freely ride through the air. "It could've been us Kai".

He looked away, and I knew guilt made his heart ache for forgiveness.

It was the fall of his father that knocked some sense into him and made him realize his sorrowful mistakes. Behind his mask, I knew he was a better man, waiting to be set free. But what is freedom?

I walked out of the castle and felt my heart beating for the first time. "I'm coming Jennie. I'm coming Jennie Kim". I faintly smiled and wiped my tears.

I'm not scared of the fall.

I'm scared for her.

"I can't lose you, Jennie".