MEET HIM; AND THE ECHOES OF SILENCE

Jennie's PoV ねギ栄

2 Days Later.

Time.

Time wasn't on my side, and I knew the clock was ticking with the option of destroying a lonely bird.

The type of bird that doesn't need any wings to fly, and despite them being broken.

The bird wouldn't dare to cry for help.

*Flashback On 畏衣*

I kissed her.

I kissed Lisa in the most passionate way I could ever deliver. For the first time, she hesitated when I kissed her. And maybe it was because my mind fulfilled her heart wish, but my body normally aches to have her.

I knew the monster was falling.

And more importantly, I knew the angel was falling as well.

I was falling.

I tried many times to stop her motion of steel - but her brown eyes always had a way to make me feel weak. The strong Ruby was hiding, tracing Jennie's arm and pushing her forward to face her demons.

My demons.

The moment didn't last that long, but my lips tingled. I opened my eyes, seeing her dark gaze become merely softer. The monster is now soft?

I wondered where did the silent-cold Lisa go. Did that side of her hide just like mine?

"Just give me time Lisa". I said above a whisper again, as I watched her nod. Her fingers slowly traced my waist in circles, I nearly melted against her touch.

"I'll be waiting in Rome, our next stop". Lisa admitted, not wanting to let go of me in any way.

My walls argued with her sharp claws, she easily climbed them and almost saw right through me, and I couldn't stop her anymore.

Who am I kidding? She's Lisa Manoban.

I faintly smiled and pecked her lips one last time, even though I was low-key hoping it wouldn't be the last.

"Whatever happens Lisa, I will try".

I pulled away and gave her one last look before exiting with the most crumbled feeling.

*Flashback Off きうは*

And here I am in New York, standing in front of his throne. The slow trail of emptiness followed me as the bodyguards motioned for me to walk faster to reach him.

I didn't knock, because even my breathing was enough to make him sense my presence.

"Come in Ruby". He calmly said as I entered.

I bowed and slowly walked to his desk, "This isn't the Ruby I know". He started, "The Ruby I know would never look down at the ground and not meet my gaze".