DIE FOR IT

Lisa's POV ポ遠じ

Recklessly.

I watch the time recklessly tick in the mere thoughts inside my head. The darkness slips into my eyelids as if I got to control my surroundings by the touch of my fingertips. The shadow comes closer to my sight.

Jennie's wicked smile makes me hold it like a foolish guard.

"Is my wife ready?". She sweetly wraps her arms around my shoulders, before whispering and making the evil inside of me, come back to life; "Is my wife ready to destroy her enemies?".

My gaze remains straight ahead at the mirror, that held my strong posture and Jennie by my side. "Is she willing to make a sacrifice to this clan- and make her enemies fall before her sight?".

This wasn't Jennie. This was Ruby and her wicked plans into getting things done.

Always reminded me of the start of the chase and its depth.

"No blood is more remorseful than the one who isn't ready to take the pain by a smile". Jennie's words made me take a deep breath. "Your people didn't betray you, Lisa. Instead they chose to accept your weakness and to make you see on the bright side of it all".

"Another battle, but this time, you will win for your pride and for what you've worked on". Her eyes shined so brightly, yet had the darkest sense of words; "Don't leave trails of what you lost, accept the flaws of you before you take a step forward, let your brother know of you, let him know the truth".

"And The famous, reckless billionaire should be back. Lisa Manoban should come back to all she owns. Take a grip of you". With that, Jennie is out of sight.

What would it take to get there?

-

Author's POV みソ欧

Lalisa Manoban.

And despite the power this name holds, Lisa redeemed all of her sorrows and faced the evil in this world with a smile. It started with the brightness of her mother's smile shining upon her, as she took her first few steps while holding her grounds. And no matter how many times she fell, Lisa as a child learned how to always get back up. It was in her spirit.

The woman who was born under the wealth of her father was met by the consequences of holding her father's place when he left her at such a young age. Norway was Manoban's safe place - and cowards were known to hide, like the fuming flame that ignites in darkness.

The Manobans corporations have been known worldwide—there was nothing more thrilling than seeing the numbers on Manoban's screen go up. The old man lived for success. Never getting enough. He enjoyed owning it all.

He didn't get enough, even when he knew that his daughter was slowly taking over. Envy and hatred clouded his heart. He saw red, knowing too well that Lisa would be ahead of him— reaching success on her own.

Manoban planned the fall of his daughter a few months before the battle Lisa's mafia had with Marlon. But of course, Lisa didn't know that. Because deep inside, Lisa still loved her father and was ready to welcome him with open arms when Jennie wanted to bring him back so they can start a new family.

The traumas were a highway— a never-ending one, that Lisa was hoping would end. She knew she had to put an end to all of this.

Lisa closed her eyes, reminiscing the memories.

As a child, Lisa was a bright one. Her smile would always spread— whenever her father came back home after his never-ending business trips. But the man always told her that he was busy. And that he couldn't play with her because he had to finish work.