DANCING WITH 'THE DEVIL'

Lisa's POV ポ遠じ

Silence consumes me.

The same rollercoaster of doubting faith has come to concur my heart. Even though I felt like a winner;  relieving the rest of the ride with my silence was a big issue. A road full of faith was calling on me. But, who am I to count on faith?

A soft hand massages my shoulder, making me feel bitter for using the dead silence, as a way of melting into the same spot all over again.

The sound of the birds brought me back to my childhood. Who knew that the sound of the birds in an area was so distinct?

The sound comforted me as I sat comfortably and watched the sky's gaze fall on the birds. The birds were circling the sky, aimlessly making me take a deep breath heavily.

The red-tailed hawks were out and riding the thermals above the cemetery as if in a graceful dance.

The birds were silhouettes against the orange-kissed heavens.

Only an hour ago they would have been pale against a blue sky, but the twilight was advancing and soon they would be lost in blackness, roosting with heads tucked under wings until dawn.

But once again, I'm chasing the sunset when it's only the rise of the sun.

Jennie was trailing kisses on my jaw. "What are you thinking about?".

I got up and opened my hand for her, and she took it without hesitation. I placed her hand on my shoulder and held the other one. And there was no music to match the scene, but I knew our souls were dancing to the happiest lullabies.

I couldn't hold back from smiling when her face was traced with confusion.

"I'm thinking of ways to redeem myself". I admitted.

"Are you happy?". She cocked a brow at me. "I'm happy Jennie. But this emptiness..".

"It's more hallow and unclear. I feel like I'm trapped with the idea of standing among many in a prison. Where only my thoughts get to rule my world..". I tried explaining to her, rocking us slowly in just the right rhythm.

"If I'm only viewed as a paper doll, with the feeling of plastic. How would one perspective change many?".

Jennie hummed in return.

Pity wasn't evident in her eyes.

And she would blink in nostalgia and concern more than anything else. "Maybe think of a way to break out of that prison?".

I shrugged my head and smiled, "It would be like escaping out of my soul". I swirled her around, and her back was to my front. I breathed in her vanilla scent which was also a mixture of strawberries. "And we don't want that".

"Isn't it angel?". I whisper in her ear and feel her shiver with my voice.

I harshly turn her around, just to stare deep into that soul that was mine. Her mouth opens only to brush over mine like a feather; her gaze reminded me of the first time that we met.

When I was drawn to the beauty of innocence, the nicotine scent of the devil when I first laid my eyes on her. And, it's like the devil was playing with her head when she looked up innocently at me.

I count the seconds that pass by and drown in the dark shade of love.

"My angel, am I noticing hesitation in your eyes?". I caress her cheek and she melts into my touch.

She opened her eyes, "Would I hesitate to love what's mine?".

When I don't answer, Jennie gently rests her head on my chest.