Luke Patterson//Finally Free

"Clocks move faster but, we don't get older, no." We rehearsed before our big show tonight. I shared the microphone with Luke, sweaty, hot Luke. We sang together for the billionth time, but no matter how many times we sang together, we kept getting better and better.

He's constantly bouncing, he's practically a rabbit since always jumping around.

As I moved away from Luke, I stood next to Alex. I don't play the guitar of any kind, I'm just female lead vocals.

When we finished, I was between Bobby and Luke.

"That was rad!" I high fived Reggie.

"Anyone up for street dogs?" Luke suggested.

"Ew. I'm in." I put my Jean jacket on correctly and stood next to Luke. We said goodbye to Bobby and our new friend rose, before heading out and getting food.

"These taste awful." I spit mine out.

"Way to be a lady." Luke teased.

"I can show you how much of a lady I can be." I winked at him playfully, watching him get flustered.

"When are you two going to date already?" Alex asked with a smile.

"It would only complicate the band if we broke up." Luke reasoned.

"Yeah the band comes first." I agreed.

My stomach felt sick and I felt vomit coming up.

"Luke. Hair." I bent over the side of the couch and threw up in the metal trash can next to us as Luke and my hair back.

"I don't feel too well either guys." Alex held his stomach too.

Reggie and Luke soon started puking their guts out too. I noticed Luke slumped over a bit.

"Luke, how you doing buddy?" I asked while wiping my mouth off.

I nudged his arm but he didn't move.

"Luke." I punched his arm and shook him harder. "Oh my god!" My eyes started watering.

"Is he okay?" Alex spoke between vomiting.

"I-I think he's dead." I cried louder.

I looked over to Reggie, who was starting to close his eyes.

"Oh my god, no."
————————
(PRESENT DAY)

We had just came out of the CD and Julie left us alone.

"Luke, Reggie, you guys. Oh my god." I hugged them. Tightly.

"I can't believe you had to watch us die." Luke whispered.

"It was the worst thing I've ever experienced. I can't imagine losing you guys. Oh my god, Bobby!"

"Guess that vegetarian lucked out."

"Guys, what does this mean? What about sunset curve?" I asked frantically

"We never got to play..." Alex sounded sad.

I was about to start crying when Luke hugged me. "I know this is terrible timing, but since we aren't a band anymore-"

Julie stormed in with a cross.

"Explain."
———————————
"Luke has been getting really close with Julie lately. They ooze chemistry." I told Reggie and Alex.

"That's what I said!" Reggie said cluelessly.

"Do you think he gave up on us?"

"I don't know. But you guys are in a band again and I remember you saying you didn't want to complicate things."

"She's in the band too though. She's the new lead. I'm back up vocals, I'm barely even noticeable and I don't play an instrument so why am I even in this band!?" I lashed out, tears threatening to spill.

"Because it's your unfinished business too, y/n. You're important. You deserve to be here with us." Alex comforted me.

"I don't feel important. I feel like a second choice, or in the background. Something like that."

"I'll talk to Luke. I won't say anything about this moment, I'll just tell him I've noticed things changing and see what he says."

"Thank you so much."

Luke walked into the studio through the door right before Julie came in.

"Hey, you guys ready to practice?" She said with a smile. I wiped my eyes

"Of course!" I smiled.

Luke looked at me with his puppy dog eyes, knowing something was wrong. I shook my head, letting him know not to ask.

I stood at my microphone, ready to go.

"What song are we doing?" I asked.

"Finally Free." Julie said as she got in place.

"W-wait were doing finally free? With Julie leading?"

"Um yeah, is that okay?" Luke asked confused.

I can't tell them that it's not okay, it's a song.

"I-it's just that our song Luke. We always sing it together." My voice got quieter.

"We don't have to-" Julie started but got interrupted by Luke.

"It's just a song, we have plenty more that you and I can sing." He went back to getting ready.

Finally Free is mine and Luke's Love Song we wrote together a few weeks before we died.

One glance from Alex and I broke down. I poofed away and onto the roof of the studio. I cried my eyes out. Luke likes Julie now, this proves it.

I could faintly hear Alex yelling at Luke. Alex never yells.

"Did you actually think you could just give Julie y/n's love song and she wouldn't care?"

"You wrote that for y/n?"

"We wrote it together. It shouldn't be a big deal-"

"She still likes you dingus! Dying didn't change that."

"We made a pact to not let it get in the way of the band."

"Well with all your constant flirting with Julie, no offense to you Julie, no wonder she feels useless."

"She told you that?"

"She didn't have to."

"I feel so bad. I had no idea." Julie spoke quietly.

It's not your fault Julie. I'd fall in love with you too if I was in Luke's position.

"Also, she has way too much talent for you to just stick her behind a mic doing background vocals."

Luke appeared next to me suddenly.

"Y/n I am so sorry-"

"Do you love her?" I asked with more tears in my eyes. "And be honest."

"No. I don't love Julie. I like you, you've always known that."

"You just gave her our most personal love song, Luke. Like it was nothing."

"I didn't think you'd mind. I'm sorry. I will never do it again, I promise."

"Finally Free is my Unsaid Emily." I compared the two.

He looked sad for a moment before turning back to me. "I am so sorry." He hugged me. "And you won't be on background vocals anymore, you'll have a part in every song, I promise."

"I want to be with you Luke."

"A-are you sure? Because if anything goes wrong, then the band is-"

I kissed him softly before pulling away slowly.

"I'm sure. I want this." I held his hand.

"Okay. Will you be my ghost girlfriend?" He smiled.

"I will." I smiled back.