JJ//Support

Kook's and pogue's: like yin and yang.

I'm a kook. But not like everyone else. I actually cared about other people.

I was at the boneyard chilling at the party Sarah asked me to come to. I was a little detached from the party, sitting on a dead tree that had fallen, when I heard someone next to me. JJ.

"Want a drink?" JJ asked me, handing me a cup full of beer.

"Thank you." I smiled up at him.

"C-Can I ask you something?" He stuttered

"That depends on what you ask." I looked up at him confidently.

"I need to borrow some money."

I sighed. "How much?"

"$50"

"What do you need it for. Because I'm not giving you the money if you're just gonna spend it on drugs from Rafe." I said kind of angrily.

"You sound upset-"

"It's fine. But instead of paying me back, you're going to work on something for me, and I might even pay you extra."

"Well is it okay if John B helps me and we split it?"

"Of course."

"What do you want us to do?"

I smiled. "I have a couple cars that need to be worked on. My car started making this weird noise. And my sister's car has a broken something, I forgot what dad called it."

"We'll be over in the morning. Thank you." He smiled and got up, walking away.

I wish he would have an actual conversation with me. Not just ask for money.
———————
The next day, I put on a pair of white jean shorts over my bathing suit.

I went to meet up with JJ and John B.

"Okay. John B, I asked my dad to write down what's broken. For now, can you just check it out, and maybe write a list of things we need to fix it? And if you have any questions JJ and I will be around the side of the house. Oh and if you guys get hungry or thirsty or have to use the bathroom, just walk in. My dad knows you're here so he won't try to shoot you."

After my little speech, John b went to my sister's car and I walked JJ to mine.

I watched him inspect it for a couple hours and mess with some wires and a bunch of metal pieces.

I studied his face for a moment. He looked... beautiful. And entranced in what he was doing.

Without warning, he looked at me. 

"Is there a reason you're staring at me?"

"No! No, i just zoned out. Sorry." I lied and looked away.

"It's okay. I know I'm attractive" he smirked.

"Then how come you don't have a girlfriend, Mr. I'm so attractive." I leaned against my car.

"Imagine a kook-pogue relationship."

I have.

"Well we get along nice."

"That's different, you actually have a heart."

It got silent for a few moments. "I mean seriously. Without you helping me out all the time I have no idea where I'd be right now."

I gave him a small smile.

"My sister says I let you walk all over me and I shouldn't let you borrow so much money. But I can't just say no. I mean we're friends. That's what friends do."

"You think of us as friends?" He asked while wiping his hands off with a rag.

"I-I mean at the moment yes; I suppose in the future if you wanted we could maybe-"

"Hey y/n, i tried going in but the door is locked. Can you get me a drink?" John B interrupted.

"Uh, yeah sure." I looked down and away from JJ nervously.

I went to my door and unlocked it with my keys, then got two water bottles.

On my way out, I could hear JJ and JB talking.

"She doesn't usually make me work for it." JJ whispered.

"It's okay man, I'd rather work it off than owe a debt anyway." 

"Yeah. I already owe her a few hundred."

"A few hundred? How the hell are you going to pay that off?"

"I don't know, I'll figure it out." He nodded.

"Did you tell her what it was for?"

"I don't want her knowing I need money because my alcoholic excuse of a father can't pay our bills."

"Do you think she would judge you?" John an asked sarcastically.

"I don't want to take the chance."

I took this opportunity to walk out and hand them the bottles.

"Here you guys go. John B, don't you have that meeting with the lady from-"

"Oh my god that's today!"

John B ran off and I hit JJ's arm.

"What the hell was that for!?" He asked.

"JJ have I not gone out of my way time after time to help you? Have I not driven you places when you can't take the van? I've given you everything you've asked for in hopes that maybe, it would make you like me. And want to be around me. But still the only time you ever talk to me is when you need something from me."

"I'm sorry okay, you don't know what it's like, y/n. I hate asking you for things," he started tearing up. "Do you know how bad I've been trying to save up money so I can  take you on a date and pay for it myself!? It's embarrassing, y/n."

I hugged him and when we pulled apart, his hands light laid on my hips.

"I know I don't know what it's like. I wish you didn't have to go through it either. You shouldn't be embarrassed, JJ. I'm here for you always." I hugged him again tightly and ran my hand through his hair.

"Why? Why would you even want to help me?"

"You never actually took the time to notice, but I've had a crush on you since mr.Murphy's history class seventh grade. The blonde hair has always been my favorite." I smiled and continued to run my hands through his hair.

My back was suddenly arched as he bent down to kiss me.

"I promise I'll pay you back everything I owe you."

"You know, there are ways other than money you can pay me back." I bit my lip.

"Beautiful, Rich, AND freaky. You are perfect."

I laughed at his goofy remark and kissed him once more.