JJ//Pogue Life

Despite living on an island that has storms at least once a week, I've always been terrified of them; and for good reason. When I was 7, there was a huge hurricane coming to town, and my mom, dad, and I all went into our storm cellar for safety. But my cat was still inside the house. So my dad ran back in and grabbed her, bringing her back to me right before the wind carried him away.

I met JJ and John B later that year. And Kiara and Pope during sophomore year.

Hurricane Aggie was no exception to my fear.

Usually JJ crashed at John B's place, and I would crash at home most of the time, but with the hurricane, I really needed JJ.

He is my best friend. He always will be. I love him with every fiber of my being, lately I've been doubting if the love really is just platonic.

The thunder exploded through the sky and I pushed myself closer to JJ. His arm wrapped around me in comfort.

"JJ." I wrapped my arms tighter around him

"I'm right here babe. You're okay."

Being near him and hearing his voice calmed me down exponentially, even if I was still scared.
—————————
The next morning, I woke up alone and put on JJ's flannel before heading outside. I saw John B picking off branches and sticks from the Pogue, so I helped him out.

JJ appeared from behind a tree.

"J, there's a house inside, really?"

"You gotta go when you gotta go darlin'"

Pope and Kiara came over and we all went out to the marsh. JJ was doing his stupid beer trick.

"JJ, you're getting beer in my bathing suit." I complained and the others told him to stop as well.

The boat immediately stopped and JJ fell off the front.

I quickly ran to the front. "JJ?"

I didn't see him so I swiftly took off his flannel and unbuttoned my shorts to jump in after him.

As soon as I was about to jump in, he resurfaced.

"God JJ, you scared the shit out of me!" I punched his arm.

"Guys, there's a boat down there."

The others didn't believe him, but I could see it too.

"Guys, he's right." I smiled and jumped in next to JJ.

"Diver down." I heard John B before there was a splash.

We all swam down to the boat. Something shiny caught my eye, but I felt a hand on my back, pulling me out of my thoughts. JJ pointed up and I nodded, swimming up.

"I saw something shiny. I don't know what it was though."

We all got back onto the boat and John B went to go get some diving gear.

JJ and I were chilling at my house.

After my dad died, my mom started drinking. Much like JJ's dad. My mom rarely hit me, but she was so emotionally and mentally abusive towards me. She loved JJ though.

"JJ, the son I wish I had." She smiled as she hugged him.

"We're just going to go to my room and hang out." I told her.

"Oh I see. Well i guess that he is your best chance at having beautiful little babies."

"Mom!"

We went back to my room and I shit and locked the door.

"I can't believe she does that every time you come over."