Damon Salvatore//Sacrifice

"bourbon, please." I sat at the bar.

"I'm gonna need to see some ID." The bartender looked me up and down. I pulled out my ID and showed him, once he saw I was 23, he gave me my drink.

The only reason I'm here is because my best friend, Bonnie Bennett is stuck in the prison world alone.

Out of everyone to run into, I should've known it would be Damon. I mean, I am at a bar.

"I'll have what she's having." Damon sat next to me.

"I figured you'd be at home with Elena or Stefan. Anybody but the person you've been stuck with for months."

"Yeah well, I'm not one for family get togethers." He took a sip of his drink as I played with my half empty glass.

"Do you think there's another way to get her out?"

"I hope so." He stared at his drink. "So why aren't you out with Caroline or Jeremy?"

I sighed. "They won't actually say it... but I know they both would've rather had Bonnie back than me." I looked at him and he was staring at me, taking in my answer. "Honestly I would rather want Bonnie back than me." I chuckled sadly. "She is so much more useful than me."

"You're a centuries old vampire."

"We already have two of those. You and Damon. Bonnie is our only witch, not to mention a Bennett witch."

"We're going to get her out, y/n."

"I know. I'm not stopping until I make this right."

I paid for my drink and left without another word.

For months I researched and tried doing everything I could. I hired a witch from New Orleans to astral project me into the prison world, but it only lasted for a few minutes, and I couldn't find Bonnie anywhere.

A knock on my door brought me out of my research.

"Come in." I continued reading.

"Y/n, we got our way in."

My head snapped up towards Damon.

"Really?"

He nodded. "Liv is going to do it, come on."

I threw my book down, and changed my clothes.

We're finally going to get Bonnie back.

I smiled and hugged him tightly. "Let's go."

The entire ride there felt good. We were finally getting Bonnie back.

Once we arrived to the border, Liv gave us 3 vials to drink for when we're ready to come back.

Damon and I got sent back to the prison world and I ran to the boarding house.

"Bonnie!" I yelled out for my best friend.

"Bon!" Damon went upstairs.

I sped through the entire house until we ended up back in the kitchen.

"W-where is she Damon?" Tears started appearing in my eyes.