Jack Brewer// Amnesia

I watched as my best friend and crush laughed when talking to each other.

It hurt to watch if I'm being honest. I was known as the shy kid in the dojo. I didn't talk a lot at first but I could do some damage.

Jack brought me out of my shell. He was so nice to me his first day and even gave me a drawing of a flower he did in school that day.

I stood at my locker, waiting for Rudy to show up and start practice for today.

I watched as Jack and Kim kept looking at me before Kim walked off, Jack running after her.

I wonder if he would run after me.

I heard him fall to the ground and I immediately ran to his side, holding his hand.

"Jack, are you okay!?" I asked worriedly.

"I'm fine. But who's Jack?"

"That's not funny, I was worried you broke something, jerk."

"I don't know you. I don't know any of you."

No fucking way Jack had amnesia.

"Jack please tell me your joking."

"I'm sorry. I'm not."

I let go of his hand and Jerry and Milton helped him up.

"We have to try to get his memory back guys. He can't stay like this."

"Y/n's right. We have to recreate his memories with us." Kim added.

"Who gets him first?" Jerry asked.

"I will." Milton offered.

While Jack and Milton went off and did their thing, I couldn't stop thinking about Jack. How we used to talk after practice and go eat at Phil's.

I talked to Kim.

"W-what were you and Jack talking about before he fell?"

"I... I can't tell you. Until his memory is back I can't say anything."

"Do you like him?" My eyes watered.

"Jack!? Of course not. You've liked him since the moment you saw him. I would never do that to you."

I nodded. "I just get so jealous because you're literally perfect."

"I promise I don't like Jack. And Jack doesn't like me." She nodded.

Next was Jerry's turn. I think they did some wolf thing. It was confusing to follow along with.

Kim went next and had no luck. Of course.

"Y/n, it's your turn. What are you guys gonna do?"

"I'm going to try to recreate what we did after we won our first tournament."

"Your plan is the bowling alley?"

"Something like that."

I took Jack outside and we started walking.

"The bowling alley? Really? You think that's going to help?"

"Shut it, Brewer. I'm the pessimistic one in this relationship, besides. We never actually went bowling. That's just what we told the others."

"Relationship? So we're-"

"No.... it's difficult to explain."

We walked into the woods and came upon a tree house we frequently visit.

"We came here after our first tournament, which we won by the way."

"What did we do? And why didn't we tell the others?"

"We sat and talked about everything. We got so personal with each other and we were both really vulnerable with each other. You told me everything about your life back at your old house. I told you everything about my life and how I've struggled with so much emotionally." I began crying, recalling that night.

"I'm sorry that I don't remember."

"You have to remember, Jack. I told you about how I would talk to all of my stuffed animals because I didn't want them to feel left out, and you told me about the time you broke your arm skating off your roof. You even showed me your scar, look, it's right here. How would I know that if I wasn't telling the truth." I bawled my eyes out harder as I pulled up his sleeve and held his arm.

He pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry."

I sighed and cried a little more before wiping my face.

"Then I guess I give up.  I don't know what else to do... earlier When you asked if we were in a relationship, no. But I wish we would've gotten the chance before today to at least try."

"I can tell that you love me and I feel so bad for not feeling the same."

"It's okay. That part didn't change when you fell."

I looked at him like it was impossible to look away.

"Jack I love you." I cried and hugged him again. When we pulled apart, he pressed his lips to mine.

It felt astronomically perfect.

"Let's just start over. Hi, I'm-"

"Y/n L/n. You like cats better than dogs.  you won't drink any cold drink without a straw because your teeth are sensitive. And you're scared of horses because one time at your aunt's horse farm you witnessed a horse give birth."

"You remember, oh my god you remember" I tackled him happily and hugged him on the floor or the treehouse.

"I love you" he whispered.

I smiled and hugged him tighter.