Corey Funk// Not Ready

Being in the middle of a pandemic sucks, but at least I have the best roommates ever.

"Coreyyyy!" I yelled from my bedroom. He came running in, with a concerned look on his face. "Capron wanted me to tell you that him, billy, and Charlie are going for a walk for some fresh air, and won't be back for at least an hour."

"Why didn't he tell me himself?"

I sighed. "He didn't actually want me to tell you. I was hoping you'd pick up on the fact that we have the house to ourselves."

"Oh!" He smiled and jumped into the bed with me, causing both of us to laugh.

Without a word being said from either of us, he was instantly on top of me, making out.

After a few minutes, his hands started going up my shirt. It felt nice, but I was scared to be vulnerable with him.

"Corey."

"Sorry." He broke away and pulled his hand back. He got off of my bed and went towards the door. "The guys will probably be back soon anyway."

"Corey, you can't seriously be upset with me?" I got up and followed him downstairs.

"I'm not upset." He was clearly upset.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not ready."

He looked at me and grabbed my hands, "I know baby, it's okay. I promise." He kissed me on the lips and went to the fridge, getting him a bottle of water.

"Oh hey, what did you think of my next video idea?" He took a sip.

"I like it. How much will the crane cost?"

"$250 an hour, but it'll be worth it." He smiled happily.

I leaned up against the counter. "I know we've talked about this before, but try to be careful babe. I know you wanna live dangerously and stuff, but I don't want you getting hurt." He set his water down and stood in front of me.

"I know, I promise you I won't get hurt. And if I do, I'll let you say 'I told you so'"

"I'm gonna be saying a lot more than just I told you so." I laughed.

He wrapped his arms around me and I copied.

"Nothing's gonna happen babe." He reassured again.

"Okay." I pecked his lips quickly before returning back to my room to chill.

I watched some Netflix and after a few hours, I had fallen asleep.

I woke up around 1AM and walked into Corey's room, since his light was on.

I saw him at his gaming computer and noticed he couldn't hear me.

I snuck up behind him and wrapped my arms around him.

He jumped, but smiled.

"Hey babygirl, let me finish this game and then I'll come lay with you."

"Okay."

After a few minutes, he turned off his computer and laid next to me in his bed.

"Goodnight babe."

"Goodnight Corey, I love you."

I had realized what I said, but Corey definitely had. He turned to me and smiled.

"I love you too, y/n."

My eyes opened suddenly realizing what I had said. But they softened when I realized what he said back.

"You do? I was scared i was the only one who felt that way." I smiled gently.

"I do. I was scared that maybe you didn't love me, and that's why you didn't want to do anything more than making out yet."

"It's not that I don't want to, I'm just scared."

"Why?"

"I guess I'm insecure. I mean, I love my body, I'm just scared that you won't..."

"What? First, I love your body. Second, it doesn't matter if I didn't. That's just a plus. I'd still love you no matter what, because you're as beautiful on the inside, as you are on the outside. And that's just a fact."

I smiled and blushed so hard, my jaw started hurting.

I cuddled up to Corey.

"No promises, but next time we have the house to ourselves I will go as far as I can."

"You don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with babe. I'm not going to stop loving you if you're not ready, I promise. It'll be worth the wait."

I lightly smiled and pressed a long, sweet kiss on his lips.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too." He kissed my forehead before we drifted off to sleep.