Josh (Clueless)//New Years

"Y/n, why don't you go invite josh to my New Years party?" Cher asked.

"You don't like josh though."

"Not particularly, but this could be your chance to kiss him. You just have to be with him at midnight."

"You're really going to help me get with your brother?"

"Yeah. I figured with the boob job you had last summer he would probably notice you more."

"I love your honesty." I smiled and got off the couch. I began to walk over to the kitchen where josh was messing in the fridge.

"Hey josh."

"Hey y/n, I didn't know you were here otherwise I would've put pants on."

I looked down and saw that he was in his boxers.

"Oh." I looked up at his face. "I just came over to uh, invite you to um...." I glanced back down, then up again. "To come to Cher's New Years party tonight."

"A bunch of high schoolers? Sounds lame."

I cleared my throat, trying not to glance back down. "I-I can bring a joint for me and you to smoke."

"You smoke pot? Little miss beautiful butterfly. I'll believe it when I see it." He scoffed.

"Come to the party and you might get to see a little more than that." I looked him up and down one last time before turning around and going back to Cher.

"So how'd it go?" She asked.

"Cher I have to go home and start getting ready, there's a small chance I might get laid." I smiled and ran out of her house, going to my car and driving home.

I took a shower and did my hair, putting on some lip gloss and going to my closet to find my dress.

I tried on a few different ones but ended up going with my red, velvet dress.

I had thirty minutes before I had to leave so I rolled a couple joints and stored them safely in my purse.

I drove to Cher's house and immediately saw Josh and Cher outside on the front steps.

"Y/n! Perfect. Can you take josh to the store to get more alcohol?" She begged.

"Yeah, hop in."

Josh rolled his eyes and got in my car.

"Don't worry. I'm a much better driver than Cher. I've had my license for a year now." I smiled happily.

He didn't say anything and I started driving to the grocery store.

"Is that what you're wearing to the party?" I asked him.

He had on jeans, and a button up shirt.

"Yeah why?"

"When we get back, I'm picking out a new outfit because you are not wearing that." I laughed and he smiled with me.

"Hey uh, can you reach into my purse and get out the gold container?"

"Are you about to have me pull out a tampon or something-"

"No idiot, it's that joint I promised." I smiled and parked in the back parking lot of the grocery store where nobody could see us.

"Look at you. You're a lot more grown up than I thought you were. You have your license, you smoke weed. What's next? Are you gonna tell me you have a job?"

"I do," I smiled and bit my lip. "You're looking at Delta Magazine's newest intern. Best part is that it's paid." I lit the first joint.

"Cher told me you were studying to become a lawyer like her dad. Is that true?"

"Yeah. I really want to follow in his footsteps and make him proud." He looked me in the eyes.

"I mean you were always good at arguing your way out of trouble. Remember when you knocked over a vase while me you and Cher played tag and argued your way out of a two week grounding."

"Actually Cher knocked it over, but that was the same day she had charged his credit card $350 for clothes and I didn't want her to get in even more trouble, so I took the blame."

I stared at him lustfully. That was sweet.

"Let's go get these groceries huh?" I rushed out of the car.

We bought the stuff and drove back to his house, which was already full.

"What happened you guys were gone for like an hour?"

"We ran out of gas. Sorry." I lied.

Josh had gone his own way and I decided on going to the living room.

I saw Elton and he winked at me.

"Y/n, baby, where have you been?"

"I had to go to the store with josh and get more beer."

"Josh, Cher's brother? Why are you hanging out with him?" He asked out if jealousy.

"Because he's sweet and cares about more than just his hair. He cares about his family and his future. He's smart and mature unlike any of the guys at school, including you."

"Hey!" He raised his voice and grabbed my wrist. "Take it back." He whispered.

I saw josh standing next to us and he looked pissed.

"You think it's okay to grab her like that?" He asked.

"Shut up, mommy's boy. This doesn't concern you"

"You're manhandling someone I care about, I think it concerns me."

Elton let go of me and had an intense stare down with josh before walking away.

"Are you okay?" He asked while looking at my wrist.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to the spare bedroom. Don't follow me."

I walked upstairs and to the room down the hall from Cher's.

I started pacing back and forth while staring at the floor.

Josh admitted to caring about me in front of a lot of people. Does he share the same feelings I do? Or was he only saying that because I've been Cher's friend for so long and he thinks of me as a sister too?

I need to calm the fuck down. I lit the second joint and started smoking it. I focused on my breathing and calming down some.

"Y/n can I come in?"

"Yeah." I cleared my throat and stayed seated on the floor by the bed.

He came over and sat on the bed next to where I was sitting.

"Does your wrist hurt?" He asked.

"No. I'm okay. Just panicked a little."

"Was it because of what I said?"

"Kind of. What did you mean?"

"I mean I care about you and I'm not going to let somebody hurt you."

"Yeah but do you care about me care about me or do you care about me the same way you care about Cher?"

"Oh... there's definitely a difference. Cher is like my sister. You're like... my sisters best friend who I know I shouldn't fall for but I did anyways."

My heart aches for it to be midnight already.

And just like that.... we heard the countdown.

10,9,8,7-

Before it was finished we both lunged towards one another and pressed our lips together.

6,5,4,3,2,1

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"