Jeremy Gilbert//Lakehouse

"I can't believe It's finally summer!" I got excited for Jeremy and I's annual lake house trip.

"and over spring break, I went up there and put a rope on the tree next to the lake, so we don't have to jump off the dock every time."

I squealed in excitement. "This summer is going to be amazing. No vampire drama. No witches. Just you and I on the lake, getting tan and smoking."

"You know very well that I'm going to pass it to you, and you're gonna chicken out."

"Not this year, Gilbert. I'm finally 18 and my parents can't ground me for doing it. Plus, this year I can just compel them to forget if they do find out."

He chuckled as we kept walking to our houses.

We had both already packed for this trip, and we decided to take my car this year.

"I will pick you up at 7AM tomorrow. So be ready."

"I know, I know. I can't wait."

"Me either." I smiled at him.
——————————
I woke up and put on my bathing suit under my dress.

I said bye to my parents and drove to the Salvatore House, where Jeremy and Elena are staying.

I knocked on the door and Elena let me in.

"Y/n, come in."

I had been invited in many time before.

When I was turned, I came straight to Jeremy. He is my best friend and we would do anything for each other.

"Are you excited for this years lake house trip?"

"Yeah," I smiled. "Just gonna be great."

"I think Jeremy is still in his room."

"Okay. Thanks." I smiled to her and ran up to Jeremy's room.

I saw him still sleeping.

I sighed and sat next to him on his bed.

"Jeremy. It's 7 o'clock. Wake up and get ready." I lightly nudged him with a laugh.

"I'm awake, I'm awake."

"Get dressed. You have 10 minutes and I'm coming back up here. If you're still in this bed I'm kicking your ass." I laughed and stood up.

"I would love to see you try." He smiled and sat up.

"When we get to the lake house, it is so on."

He smiled some more and I left the room.

I saw Damon drinking some bourbon on the living room couch.

"So, you and little Gilbert are going on your lake house vacation again."

"Yeah. We do it every year." I smiled, genuinely happy.

"A whole 3 weeks by yourselves. I'm sure I'd love it too."

"It isn't like that. Jeremy and I are best friends." I shrugged.

He hummed an mhm. "Well you two have fun, the rest of us will just stay here and fight off any threats."

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "We will. If you need me, don't call."

"Don't forget to use condoms!" He yelled as I went back upstairs to jeremy's room.

"Vampires can't get pregnant anyway." I heard Elena day. Does she think we're gonna do it too?

"Well that was awful." I shut the door behind me and looked at Jeremy. He was in his swim trunks only.

He wasn't unattractive...