Stanley Barber//Wanna Hit?

Stanley Barber has been my neighbor for years. We've only talked on occasion, like if we pass each other at school, or in the store. Just a simple "hey Stan." "Hey y/n."

That is, until Syd came to town. Then he wouldn't really talk to me, like ever. He'd see me in the halls, or on the street, and just turn away.

I don't know what changed, to be honest. Though I had suspicion it was due to Syd.

I walked home from school, and saw Stanley getting out of his car. We made eye contact and I smiled. "Hey Stanley."

He gave a small wave and turned to his house. I sighed and walked across the street.

"Hey, uh, do you maybe want to come over?"

I turned and walked over to him. "Yeah, of course." I smiled.

He led me inside and down to his basement room.

"Wow, this is so cool. And exactly what I expected." I laughed and looked around.

He was oddly quiet so I looked over at him and he was lighting a joint.

"Is that marijuana?" I asked.

"Yeah. Want some?"

"I've never really smoked it before." I admitted and walked over to him.

"If you don't want to, that's okay."

I smiled and took it before he'd have to relight it.

I copied what he did and inhaled. I coughed a lot, and he got me some water.

"My throat burns"

He smiled. "You'll get used to it." He laughed.

I smiled at him and looked in his eyes.

Stanley barber had been my secret crush for years. From the hair, to the height, to the smile, to the awkwardness and being a stoner, he's just perfect for me. The stoner part is new information but that doesn't change anything.

I thought I was leaning in to kiss him, but I was really just wobbly from the weed. He grabbed my arms and laughed.

"Maybe we should lay down." He suggested. We laid down In His floor and stared at the ceiling. Our heads were next to each other, and our hands were almost touching.

"Do you ever wonder what life would be like if you were born anywhere else in the world?" I asked.

"My dad would still be a piece if shit, so just different scenery. You?"

"Sometimes I think that if I was born in a different city or state, that my life would be better. Maybe it would be easier to fall in love if there were more options. Not that the options here are bad. Well, most of them are. But you're not... I mean, generally." I rambled.

Stanley laughed, and laid on his side with his arm holding his head up. I looked at him in the eyes.

"You're a chatterbox when you're high. That might come in handy." He smirked.

"With what?" I bit my lip, which he noticed.

"We'll get there when we get there." He looked me up and down.

"Who are we kidding, you want me as much as I want you, don't you?"

He was quiet, but still looking at me.

"I'm gonna need an answer here, Stan The-"

He interrupted me by pressing his lips against mine.

My stomach did a thousand flips and my heart exploded.

Things began getting heated, and we gave each other hickeys. But there was a knock at his upstairs door.

"Stay here. I'll be right back." He put his shirt back on and went upstairs.

I was catching my breath and smiling as big as I could. We're we about to have sex? I've never done that before. Stanley is taking my first everything's. My first joint, My first kiss, and now my virginity?

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs so I took my shorts off.

I saw Stanley and smiled. His eyes widened. "Y/n, this is Syd." Syd came down and I quickly put my shorts on.

"Oh my god, Syd. Uh. Hi, I'm so sorry. Stanley didn't tell me you were coming over." I widened my eyes at Stan.

"I came unannounced. Sorry. But do you think you could leave Stan and I alone for a minute? We need to talk. It's important."

"Uh. Sure. I should head home anyway." I stopped in front of Stanley because he was blocking the stairs.

"I'll call you later."

I nodded. "Okay." I left and went home.

When I walked through the door, my older sister walked by me.

"I saw you come out of Stanley Barber's house. Did you guys do it?"

"Uh, no."

"Shame. When are you gonna admit your feelings to him."

"I'm pretty sure he already knows." I ignored her and went to my room.

After a couple hours, I got a call from Stanley.

"Sorry about Syd. I didn't know she was coming over and she needed me."

"It's okay Stan, I understand."

"S-so I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go to the dance with me?"

I smiled. "Yeah, I'd love to."

"Cool," he exhaled in relief. "I'll see you tomorrow right?"

"Yeah, maybe you can give me a ride to school?"

"Of course. And um, sorry if I wasn't that great earlier, I'm kind of a virgin."

"So am I. It's okay. I didn't really know what I was doing either, but it felt nice."

"Yeah, same."

I smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow Stanley Barber." I but my lip.

"See you tomorrow y/n l/n."