Chapter 7

Tenzin walked into the meditation room to see 3 purple glowing orbs circling Violet.

"amazing" Tenzin mutters

Violet opens her eyes as the orbs disappear "Master Tenzin"

"Hello Violet" Tenzin greets, he walks over to her "it seems you are more in sync with your spiritual side then you thought"

"hm?" Violet looks confused

"You mean you didn't notice?" Tenzin questions

"Notice what?" Violet asks

"Say, what were you meditating on?" Tenzin sits next to her

"Well I thought I could.. talk to Firelady Kira" Violet looks down "I know it may seem silly, I just thought-"

"It's not silly" Tenzin interrupts "Firelady Kira is your past life, talking to her might help solve this takeover problem. Her spirit is still lingering around so making a connection with her might be a bit difficult then just looking in yourself for her, you'll have to call her spirit to you. I have no doubt that you'll be able to"

"Yes" Violet smiles

The radio begins to broadcast static, Tenzin and Violet turn towards it.

"Good morning, citizens of Republic City. This is Amon."

Violet gasps and feels her heartrate pick up

"I hope you all enjoyed last night's pro-bending match, because it will be the last. It's time for this city to stop worshiping bending athletes as if they were heroes. I am calling on the council to shut down the bending arena and cancel the finals, or else there will be severe consequences"

Static returns and the radio is silent.

"Master Tenzin" Violet looks worried

-

Korra pushes open the main door of City Hall.

"Korra, you shouldn't be here. This is a closed meeting" Tenzin stands up from his chair

Korra looks over to see Violet standing next to the door, she points at her "but Violet's here"

"Yes because I thought you'd do this" Tenzin sighs

"As the Avatar and a pro-bending player, I have a right to be heard" Korra walks forward "You can't cancel the finals"

"I know winning the championship means a lot to you. But as far as I'm concerned, we need to shut the arena down" Tenzin replies

"Korra you must understand that having the arena open is dangerous to all"  Violet walks over "we must close it"

Korra turns to the council "What about the rest of you? Tarrlok, there's no way you're backing down from Amon, right?"

"Actually" Tarrlok stands up "Tenzin and I agree for once, the council is unanimous. We're closing the arena"

"No!" Mako shouts

"You can't!" Bolin shouts

Korra stares at Tarrlok shocked "I-I don't understand. I thought you, of all people, would take a stand against Amon"

"While I am still committed to bringing that lunatic to justice, I will not put innocent lives at stake just so you and your friends can play a game" Tarrlok says annoyed

Mako steps forward "Pro-bending might only be a game to you, but think of what it means to the city! Right now the arena is the one place where benders and nonbenders gather together ... in-in peace! To watch benders ..."