Chapter 2

"And, in the final round, the Buzzard Wasps" Korra is reading aloud from the newspaper "won with a decisive knockout!" she lowers the paper and looks across her table at Tenzin "What do you say we go to the arena tonight, catch a few pro-bending matches?"

Violet looks over at her sister Korra, she is sitting next to her while Tenzin is sitting accross from them. There are three more tables occupied by other people, all donned in the yellow and red attire, typical of the Air Nomad culture. Air Acolytes of both genders are eating and drinking together.

"That sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of bending" Tenzin takes a sip from his cup.

"Come on, Tenzin! I've dreamed about seeing a pro-bending match since I was a kid and now I'm just a ferry ride away from the arena" Korra points behind her

"But Korra we're here to finish our training" Violet argues

"You're absolutely right Violet. So, for the time being, I want you two to remain on the island" Tenzin instructs

Korra looks annoyed "Is that why you're keeping the White Lotus sentries around to watch our every move?"

" Yes. In order to learn airbending I believe you require a calm, quiet environment, free from any distractions" Tenzin replies

"All right, you're the master" Korra agrees before whispering to her sister "I am so dragging you out to town one day"

-

Tenzin, Korra, and Violet are walking outside underneath a wooden shed. A ring-tailed flying lemur soars by. Violet and Korra are wearing typical Air Nomad attire.

"So, my mother informed me that Korra's never been able to airbend before, while Violet is having a hard time understanding her spirital role, is unable to bend a strong fire, and lacks confidence" Tenzin says

Viole stops in her tracks Korra stops as well and sighs deeply, Tenzin turns to face them. Korra has modified her outfit a bit by stripping up her sleeves, leaving her arms bare while Violet's hasn't been altered.

Korra places her right hand on her head "Yeah, but I don't know why. The other elements came so easily to me, but every single time I've tried airbending" she puts a hand on her hip, annoyed "nothing" she then points at her sister "and Violet's afraid of like everything"

"fire scares me" Violet mumbles

Tenzin places his right hand on Korra's shoulder and his left hand on Violet's shoulder "That's perfectly all right. You just need to be patient" Tenzin starts to roll down Korra's stripped up sleeves "Often the element that's the most difficult for the Avatar or Switch to master is the one most opposite to their personality. For Aang, it was earthbending. For Kira, it was water. For you Korra it's air, and for you Violet" he turns to her "it's fire"

"but i can produce and block fire just fine" Violet says confused

"during those times you were with Korra, you two are stronger together. But what if you're on your own?" Tenzin questions "are you able to produce fire then"

"I.. I don't know" Violet looks down

"We've never really been apart before" Korra says "We always fight together"

"And fighting together is what gives Violet a feeling of security, she is not afraid when you are together" Tenzin explains "but a time will come when you will fight on your own"

Violet places her hands together looking nervous.

Korra glances to the ground sadly "well.. who says we have to fight apart, she's my little sister"