Chapter 39

At the Little Ba Sing Se Fashion Mall, Wu sat drinking a smoothy annoyedly through a straw while Violet and Mako sat next to him sharing one.

"I'm so glad you two are enjoying yourselves," Wu comments sarcastically

"Don't feel bad your highness," Mako replies putting his arm around Violet

"I don't!" Wu shouts before violently drinking out of his straw

"I apologize, I had lost my memories." Violet smiles

"...I'll only forgive you cause you're pretty," Wu says

"Still not marrying you." Violet comments before taking a sip of her smoothy

"I didn't say I wanted to!" Wu stands up

"Prince Wu, your shouting at the Guardian you know," Mako tells him

"Huh.." Wu blinks "the what?"

"The Guardian." Mako repeats pointing at Violet "You know, Master of all 4 elements, just as powerful as the Avatar."

"What?!" Wu freaks

"Oh yeah.." Violet looks at him "I forgot to tell you that, I did lose my memories after all."

Wu clears his throat "Sorry, right." He takes her hand "it's an honor to meet you, Guardian Violet.. Violet right?"

"Yes, that's right," Violet confirms

Mako takes Violet's hand away from Wu and Wu laughs nervously.

"Anyway!" Wu turns around enthusiastically "Once we're done with these, Mako, we can go into the Middle Ring and I'll let you pick out some new suits, then we'll hit the boutiques in the Upper Ring for me."

"Such an honor," Violet says sarcastically "The middle ring."

"Hey," Wu looks at her annoyed

Mako hides a laugh "That's still a Prince your talking to Violet."

"Oh sorry," Violet apologizes and smiles innocently "must've forgotten my manners too."

Two girls walk by wearing shirts that have the logo of The Metal Clan and Kuvira's face on them. Wu, mentally double-taking, spits his drink onto Mako, scrambling to his feet and dashing after them, angry.

"Where did you get those shirts?" Wu demands angrily

"This seems like a long detour," Violet says as she helps clean the drink off Mako

"Oh yeah." Mako agrees before smiling at her "It's good to have you back though."

"Likewise." Violet agrees to look up at him

Mako goes to kiss her but is interrupted by Wu running to a Kuvira shop.

Mako sighs "This is going to be a pain."

"You better chase after him dear," Violet suggests as she stands up

"Are you leaving?" Mako asks worriedly

Violet puts her hand under his chin "Only to go shopping, I'll meet up with you later, promise."

"Alright" Mako smiles before standing up

Violet waves him off to follow Wu. Mako sighs before running off.

-

"Violet!"

"Violet!"

Violet turns as Mako and Wu run up to her. They were now out in the city.

"Hey, didn't take you long to find me." Violet smiles

"Of course not." Mako replies looking her up and down "Uh.. new look?"

"Something wrong with it?" Violet asks "Does it look that weird?"

"No not at all." Mako shakes his head "You look great no matter what."

"You're not the only one that agrees," Violet says, pointing at Wu.

Mako turns to see Wu, wide-eyed, staring at Violet.

"Quite staring at her." Make tells him annoyed

"You're telling me, I was engaged to that!" Wu grabs Mako "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Why would I?" Mako questions taking Wu's hands off him

"Aw, man." Wu whines looking down

Mako looks at Violet and she laughs.

"Mako, that reminds me. " Violet turns to him "My birthday is soon, let's plan something with everyone."

"Sure," Mako agrees "well, at least me you, and Asami."

Violet nods "I'll take what I can get, I'm excited."