Chapter 11

A hole is earthbent from the ground, and Bolin pops up from underneath along with Mako. They look around until they notice with horror the metalbenders being dragged into the trucks.

"Oh no" Bolin says

"Korra was right. We gotta do something, quick!" Mako was about to jump out of the hole when Bolin grabs him

"Wait wait wait, look" Bolin points over to where Hiroshi is

Hiroshi was using the claw of his mechatank to pin Violet against the wall, her eyes were glowing light blue and she wasn't acting like herself at all. Violet was thrashing around violently, she repeatedly banged her hands against the claw, fire exploading from her fingertips.

"Let's get the others.." Mako hops out with Bolin following.

Bolin and Mako sneak around the factory, getting closer to Tenzin, Lin and Korra. Mako hoists Korra onto his back, while Bolin does the same with Tenzin after untying the bola wrapped around him. They are about to grab Lin to drag her away as well, but are spotted by Hiroshi Sato and the Lieutenant.

"Not so fast, boys!"

Hiroshi exits his mech that is still pinning the violent Violet to the wall. Mako drops Lin's arm. Bolin does the same and uses Tenzin's arms to express his surprise.

"Hello, Mr. Sato. Wow! What a really swell, scary factory you have here under your giant mansion." Bolin says nervously

"Sponsoring our team, supporting the Avatar. It was all just a big cover" Mako glares at him

"Yes, and the most difficult part was watching my daughter traipse around with a firebending street rat like you!" Hiroshi conducts electricity from the gloves as he and the Lieutenant approach them.

"Dad, stop!"

Hiroshi turns around in surprise. Asami closes her eyes and turns her head away before looking back at her father in sadness.

"Why?" She asks

"Sweetie, I wanted to keep you out of this as long as I could. But now you know the truth, please, forgive me. These people, these benders. They took away your mother, the love of my life. They've ruined the world, but with Amon we can fix it and build a perfect world together. We can help people like us, everywhere!" He takes off one of his gloves and offers it to Asami "Join me, Asami."

Asami looks at her father with uncertainty, but she hesitatingly steps toward him. She looks at the glove with fear, trembling as she reaches for it. The Fire Ferrets look at her in sadness as she grabs the glove off her father, slipping her hand into the glove.

Mako watches in disbelief "No.."

"I love you, Dad" Asami says

She electrocutes her father until he loses consciousness. The Lieutenant goes to attack her, but he is knocked away but Violet who jumped in and earth bended a rock into him. Mako and Korra are stunned. Lin regains consciousness as the mecha tanks notice them.

"Don't just stand there move!" Violet shouts at them in a different voice

They all run to the large hole Mako and Bolin came in. Right before the mecha tanks attempt to capture them, Bolin earthbends the hole shut.

-

Violet opens her eyes and puts her hand on her head.

"What in the world happened?" Violet questions out loud

"Violet!" Bolin hugs her tightly "You're ok! Guys she's awake!"

"Hey are you alright?" Korra asks walking over

"What happened? Is everyone alright, what happened to Hiroshi Sato?" Violet asks frantically

"Sato got away" Korra tells her "But we all escaped, thanks to you and the boys"

"Me?" Violet asks confused "I just remember blacking out when you all got knocked out"

"You were in your guardian state again" Korra says and hugs her "I was so worried"

"Yeah.." Violet hugs her sister back "it's an uncontrolled state currently"

The police airship floats away from the Sato mansion. Asami looks down at her former home in dismay. Lin is lying down with Tenzin at her side.

"My metalbenders are on their way to Amon, and it's all my fault. Tarrlok's right, I've failed as chief. First thing in the morning, I'm handing in my resignation." Lin says

"No! You can't give up like this!" Tenzin argues

Lin sits up "I'm not giving up. I'm gonna find my officers and take Amon down. But I'm gonna do it my way, outside the law."

Tenzin looks at her with concern.

Mako approaches Korra, apologetically "I'm sorry I didn't believe you. But Asami's dad being an Equalist is not an easy thing to believe. Even now."

"I know. I'm sorry this whole thing happened" Korra apologizes

"So.. does your offer to live in the Air Temple still stand?" Mako asks

"Of course it does and Asami's welcome, too." Korra smiles

"Thank you so much" Mako says gratefully

Korra places her hand on Mako's shoulder "After everything she's been through, she's going to need you, Mako."

Mako nods his head and walks toward Asami to comfort her. Korra looks at them in sadness before turning away as the airship floats above the city.

Violet stares down at her hand as the image of her thrashing around out of control earlier that night appeared in her head.

"Just what are you doing, Kira"