Chapter 31

"It's here!" Violet runs up to Echo happily with a letter "Lord Zuko replied."

Echo moved his head over onto Violet's shoulder to see the letter.

"He invited us to come too him!" Violet says excitedly "Echo we're gonna see Lord Zuko!"

The two soon take off to the Fire Nation, Violet riding on Echo. It took about a days worth of travel riding on a dragon but they soon arrived. When they landed in the inner palace Lord Zuko and Tonraq were outside talking.

"Father." Violet says surprised as she jumps off Echo.

The servants began to tend to Echo as Violet approached the two men.

"Violet, it's good to see you." Zuko greets her

"Lord Zuko" Violet bows looking excited "It's been a long time."

"It has." Zuko hugs her "You've gotten so big."

"I don't understand though." Violet looks over at Tonraq "What are you doing here dad?"

"I arrived yesterday, their's a dire situation happening right now." Tonraq replies

"A situation?" Violet looks concerned

"Yes, in the time since I replied to your letter we learned of a dangerous criminal escaping his prison." Zuko informs her "We have to check on the others."

"Can I come?" Violet asks

"No!" Tonraq disagrees immediately

"What why not?" Violet seemed surprised by her father's outburst

"It's too dangerous for you I'm afraid." Zuko tells her "I'm sorry I called you out here for our meeting to be ruined."

"I can handle myself, I'm the guardian, just let me come." Violet says "I want to help."

"Violet listen, these criminals are out for you and your sister." Tonraq puts his hand on her shoulder "Do you remember those nightmares you had as a child?"

"I haven't had them in a long time father." Violet replies "Why bring them up?"

"Your sister didn't seem to remember, but you always did." Tonraq pats her head "These criminals tried to kidnap you when you were little, you would cry for hours of the night after having the nightmares of them."

"...they're those criminals?" Violet asks looking afraid then shakes her head "I'm not the same little girl from back then father, if they're after Korra then I need to come! It's my job to look after her."

"Violet i said-"

"Now now Tonraq" Zuko intervenes "Violet was able to prove herself to be just as capable as any other guardian during Harmonic Convergence. I of course am afraid of what might happen to her, but we are simply making sure this one doesn't break free. Let's bring her."

"But Lord Zuko, she has trauma." Tonraq argues "I only worry for her."

"The only way to get rid of fear is to face it head on." Zuko looks at Violet "That's what Kira would say at least. Are you sure you want to come?"

"..yes." Violet nods "I have to make sure Korra will be safe."

"And we will keep you safe." Zuko nods "Let us go Tonraq."

"You can ride on Echo with me daddy." Violet takes her father's hand

Tonraq sighs "Alright."

-

Zuko, Tonraq, and Violet walks into Desna and Eska's throne room with the twins slouching on their thrones.

"Lord Zuko, Uncle, and Cousin Violet, this is a surprise." Desna greets