Chapter 41

Short chapter, sorry about the hold up everyone, but I will try to work on finishing this book this week or at least within the month.

Violet sat down with the group as they started talking amongst themselves.

"So, what's been going on?" Korra asks turning to Mako and Violet "How are you guys doing?"

"We're great," Mako replies "Violet had originally lost her memories of us."

"You did?" Korra looks at Violet concerned "Are you ok now?"

"Yeah," Violet nods "I had some help from a past life."

"So Guardians can see their past lives too?" Korra questions

"Yeah," Violet smiles "I didn't expect this particular one to help me, but it worked out in the end."

"Well, where's Echo?" Korra asks

"He was being take of by Mako after I disappeared," Violet put her hand over Mako's "and I'm so grateful."

"As much as I'm enjoying this little catch-up," Wu interrupts them as he stood up "my royal bladder is about to explode. Mako, come on, I need you to stand guard."

"I'm not gonna hold your hand every time you have to empty your royal bladder." Mako tells him looking annoyed "Go to the bathroom on your own for once."

"Fine." Wu walks off disappointed

"Do you always go to the bathroom with him?" Violet asks

"I don't go with him, with him, I just stand there in the general vicinity while he.." Mako sighs and leans back with his arms crossed "I don't wanna talk about it."

The girls hold back as laugh as Mako nudges Violet.

"Sorry," Violet says with a smile

Soon, the food was being served at the table while Wu was still not back yet.

"I wonder what's taking Wu so long." Mako stands up "He's not one to miss out on lunch, I'll go check on him."

"I'll come with you," Violet says following after him

Korra and Asami give each other a worried look, while the two walk off. Violet stood outside as Mako went into the bathroom. He soon walked out looking worried.

"He's not in there," Mako tells her

"Guys!" Asami shouts

The two run over to Asami who leads them outside where Korra is, a van was driving away fast.

"They've got Wu!" Korra shouts "Get the car, I'm going after them!"

Korra speeds after them as the other three run to the car. The van speeds out of the alley next to the hotel and Korra is not far behind. She launches a fissure its way, but the van jumps over and keep on driving. Asami pulls up next to her in a blue roadster with the other two.

Korra jumps in the car and Asami guns it. The van makes a sharp turn and the attendant bends up a wall to block them. Asami manages to steer clear of the wall just in the nick of time.

"We're losing them!" Korra panics

They drive up the elevated freeway and the van comes into view below them. Korra and Violet stand up looking down at the van.

"What are you two doing? Sit down!" Mako yells at them

"After you dear sister," Violet says

"How kind," Korra replies with a smile

Korra jumps off the car and onto the van, Violet right after.

"Are they crazy?!" Mako looks at Asami

"You have a taste Mako," Asami replies

Korra metalbends the roof open, only to find the van empty, except for the bathroom attendant. The girls jump in.

"Where is he?" Korra demands

Violet pulls the guy from behind the wheel with airbending, as Korra stomps on the brakes, skidding the van to a halt next to a couple of spirit vines. Mako and Asami catch up as Korra hulls the guy out of the van.

"Wu's not here." Korra tells them "This guy was the only one in the truck."

Mako grabs the bathroom attendant by the collar and slams him into the van "Where's the prince?"

"Halfway to Kuvira by now." He smiles "All hail the Great Uniter."

"They must have moved Wu to a different vehicle when we lost sight of them." Asami says

A police car pulls up next to them and Mako throws the now cuffed attendant in the back, before talking to the driver "Take this guy in for booking. Charge him with kidnapping and tell Chief Beifong that Prince Wu is missing. Put out an all-points bulletin. We'll keep looking."

"Where do we start? There are thousands of cars in the city and he could be in any one of them." Asami questions

"He could be anywhere!" Mako grunts in frustration "The one time I don't watch him pee and this is what happens."

"Violet?" Korra looks at her sister who walked away from them

Mako, Asami, and Korra watch as Violet takes a deep breathe before her eyes glowed purple. Violet looked around until a purple mist appeared heading into a direction. She watches it until it stopped at the train station.

"They're taking Wu to the train station." Violet turns to the others as her eyes stopped glowing

"Are you sure?" Asami asks

"I've never been more sure in my life," Violet responds

Mako kisses her forehead "You're amazing."