Chapter 37

"Again"

Violet took a deep breath before bending the earth upwards and sending it towards the net.

"Again"

Violet once again bent the earth up and threw it towards the net.

"More strength!"

Violet bent the earth upwards and threw the earth towards the net. Zuko sighs and walks towards Violet.

"Violet," Zuko began "I want you to break the net, not simply hit it. Your bending doesn't have enough strength to it."

"But I.." Violet looks down

"Don't be afraid to let your power shine." Zuko says "You're stronger than you believe. Try again."

Violet took a different stance and threw the earth at the net once again, only for the earth to hit the center and fall to the ground.

"Hm.." Zuko put his hand on his chin "How about this?"

"About what?" Violet looks up at him

"What are things you hate?" Zuko asks

"Uh.. things I hate?" Violet questions with a confused look.

"Yes, what are things you dislike?" Zuko repeats

"Well.." Violet thinks for a second before answering "I hate.. when my sister cuts me off when I'm trying to speak."

"Good," Zuko nods "what else?"

"When.. the elders compare me to Korra.." Violet continues "And when I stutter... and when my parents treat me like a kid.. when everyone treats me like a kid. And when everyone treats me like I'm worthless!"

"Hit the net." Zuko points to it

Violet turns towards the net and bends the earth full force at its center. The net snaps in half and crumbles.

"I did it.." Violet smiles happily, jumping up and down "I did it!" She turns to Zuko" Lord Zuko I did it!"

"Yes, you did." Zuko puts a hand on her shoulder "Never let anyone let you believe you are worthless. You are a peacekeeper like Aang was. He believed more than anyone that peace was the best option, but there are times when peace simply isn't an option."

"Yes.." Violet agrees disappointingly

"But, people like you, is what the world needs." Zuko smiles "Never forget that."

"Yes." Violet smiles

-

The white Lotus and masters stood before the bending course with Korra standing beside them.

"Begin!"

Violet opened her eyes and bent a column blocking the first bender's attack. She moved and threw a block toward the second bender who dodged.

"Woo go Violet!" Korra shouts from the side

The first bender jumps atop the column and threw multiple borders at Violet. She puts her hands up, stopping the borders entirely before throwing them back at him. The second bender moved the ground below her only for Violet to jump away and move the earth below him.

Violet bent earth between her and the benders before smacking the wall sending different rocks at them. They quickly moved a wall in front of them to block it. Violet jumped atop her wall to bend their wall towards them.

The benders quickly bend a chunk from their wall to make it through only to notice they were inside an earth box. Violet moves a piece of the earth to block them off of their own opening. They look around as Violet stands above them.

The White Lotus members and the Masters begin to clap as Violet turns to look at them.

"Congradulations, Switch Violet." Katara smiles "You've passed."