Chapter 13

Violet followed down the path, Tenzin had told her to be home by sundown but it didn't look like that would happen, this seemed more important. The mist stopped outside the courthouse and took the same images of the woman and the man.

The man was in cuffs being led into the courthouse by police, the council of Aang, Sokka,  followed them in along with the women who was now wearing a beautiful dress with the fire lady headpiece.

"The woman in these must be firelady Kira" Violet says to echo "so that's what she looked like, she was beautiful, but i don't understand. Why was she talking to that man, it looks like he's a criminal?"

Aang turns and heads to Kira.

"Maybe you should sit this one out Kira, Zuko would have my head if his pregnant wife got hurt, this man is dangerous" Aang says to her

"Please, all the more reason i should be here" Kira dismisses him "after all" the man in cuffs glances as her "I'm a lady of my word"

Kira continues up the steps, Aang sighs and follows her. The image fades and the mist leads her into the courthouse, but just as she's about to follow it she hears police sirens.

"what's going on?" Violet steps away from the courthouse and heads through the city following a police car

She arrives at the scene where reporters are taking photos of Korra, Asami, Bolin and Mako with captured equalists. Korra smiles as Tarrlok approaches them.

"Avatar Korra, what do you think you are doing?" Tarrlok questions sternly

"Oh, hey Tarrlok. Nice of you to show up finally" Korra replies mockingly "Here, we captured the escaped convicts for you"

"What you did was tear up the city and impede the real authorities in their pursuit of these criminals" Tarrlok angrily points out

"Hmm, that's funny" Korra places her finger on her cheek "I didn't see your little task force or the cops the whole time" she folds her arms and she looks away "If it wasn't for Team Avatar, they would've gotten away"

Tarrlok was about to say something when Violet walks over to the group looking unhappy.

"Just what do you think you're doing?!" Violet asks angrily

Korra looks at her sister surprised "What? How could you be mad at me, I was doing my job"

"It's the police's job to catch the bad guys, your job is to keep the balance of the world" Violet lectures her "remember your place as the Avatar before you go off to play daring doo" she turns to the boys and Asami "and you guys! You are mere citizens, obstruction of the police is a serious crime and you could be arrested on the spot!"

"We just wanted to help" Asami says

"You're not helping believe it or not" Violet sighs "these are 2 equalists out of thousands, what did you actually do?"

Mako steps in "We stopped them from-"

"Councilman Tarrlok" Violet turns to him "please forgive my sister and our friends this time, they won't bother you again"

"Out of my respect for the Avatar and you Guardian Violet I won't bring this up with the police" Tarrlok huffs "But this is your last warning. Stay out of my way!"

He turns back and drives away while Team Avatar smiles in victory. Violet turns and looks at the group angrily and the group stops smiling.

"Uh that was all an act right?" Korra asks

"No!" Violet shouts "You all were truly reckless, i meant every word i said, if you don't want to go to jail stay out of Tarrlok and the police's way"

"Oh come on Violet, it's our job to protect people" Korra argues "what happened to my timid little sister who believed in me?"

"...she grew up" Violet answers before turning and walking away

-

Violet sat in air temple island reading a book as Jinora sat next to her meditating. Tenzin rushed into the room.

"Violet" Tenzin calls to her "Your friends were all arrested, Korra has sent me a message and i'm heading to the police station immediately, are you coming?"

"I told them not to mess with the police" Violet mutters then looks at Tenzin "No, I'll stay here"

"Really?" Tenzin looked surprised "If you say so"

Tenzin leaves the room and Jinora opens one eye to look at Violet who was still calmly reading her book.

"You're not worried?" Jinora asks

"Of course I am" Violet replies "but i warned them already and they didn't listen.."

"Why not?" Jinora asks relaxing and turning her full attention on Violet

"I don't know" Violet tells her "I thought if I acted more stern with Korra she'd listen, but I've still been getting the opposite response from her. I am timid, and shy, and a scaredy cat, but I also know what Korra was doing was going to get them all in trouble and I was angry that they were putting themselves in danger, so I yelled and told them exactly what I thought instead of not saying anything like i use to"

"I think it's because Korra's your sister that she doesn't want to listen to you" Jinora says honestly "Korra always calls you her little sister, like she has to protect you and she knows what she's doing, so she's reckless and tries to solve problems. I believe in Korra and as her Guardian you might not have all the answers, but as her little sister you care for her and therefore know what would be best for her. She just has to realize it."

"I'm glad I came to Republic city" Violet smiles "I would've never found my own voice if i stayed in the Southern Water Tribe"

"How's your fire bending coming?" Jinora asks

"Well in my spare time Mako has been training me, and i think it's come a long way" Violet says "I just hope that when the time comes, I'll be ready to face my enemy head on, instead of hiding behind Korra"

"I think you will" Jinora smiles

"Me too" Violet closes her book and smiles

-

Violet was asleep peacefully in her bed when her door flew open.

"Korra's missing!" Tenzin shouts

"What" Violet rubs her eyes "this early in the morning"

"I'll explain on the way" Tenzin says "get ready, we need to go immediately"

Tenzin and Violet walk through a damaged City Hall. Their was an electrified glove and several Equalists weapons. They approached Tarrlok, who is having his arm wound healed by a male healer.

"What happened?" Tenzin asks "What was Korra doing at City Hall?"

"As I told Chief Saikhan" Tarrlok stands up as he rolls down his sleeve "Korra came to my office late last night. She was upset that I arrested her friends. She asked me to release them and... that's when the Equalists attacked I tried to protect Korra, but we were outnumbered. Then, I was electrocuted. When I came to, the police had arrived. But Korra was gone" Tarrlok moves toward Tenzin and Violet; he sighs regretfully "I'm so sorry" he bows and turns to Saikhan "Chief Saikhan, mobilize the entire police force. We have to find the Avatar."

Violet looks down worried, Echo rubs against her cheek and squeaks. She pats his head but suddenly stops when the mist shows up again, but it looked like it was thicker then before. It was like it was trying to get her attention even more.

"I think I can find Korra" Violet mutters

"What?" Tenzin turns to her

"I've gotta go" Violet runs out

"Violet!" Tenzin calls after her

"The poor thing must be devastated" Tarrlok says

Violet follows the mist back to the empty courtroom and heads inside,

"hold on Korra" Violet says as the images start to appear "I'll find you"