Chapter 21

Varrick's yacht docks in the Republic City harbor, where Chief Lin Beifong is overseeing Water Tribe criminals being loaded into trucks before noticing Team Avatar departing the yacht. Lin walks up to Violet, Korra, and Mako.

"Welcome home, Avatar" Lin says sarcastically "Thanks for starting a war"

"I didn't start a war" Korra says defensively

"Technically I did" Violet mutters

"What? Speak up" Lin looks at her

"Ignore her" Korra says getting Lin's attention "Listen it's more complicated than you're making it seem."

Lin turns "Mako, I want you back on the beat. There's going to be a Southern Water Tribe peace march tonight. I need you there to make sure things don't get out of hand."

"I'm all yours" Mako agrees

"I'll go too. The people of the South need to see that the Avatar is on their side in the fight against the Northern invaders" Korra says

"Great, that should calm them down" Lin says sarcastically before looking at Violet "You young lady better lay low, I don't want you walking around without a cop, you're being falsly accused for attempted murder, you dont know what kind of people there are in this town. Keep your head down, if you need to go out you call me and ill send a cop" she walks away.

"Right.. falsely accused" Violet chuckles

"Vi that's not funny" Korra glares at her.

"Kinda funny" Violet shrugs before running off.

Later that night at the Southern Water Tribe Cultural Center, where a statue of Sokka overlooking the compound, a huge number of people have congregated. Police riot vehicles have been employed to control the crowd. The Southerners were being led by Korra riding atop Naga.

Some of them are holding lit candles on paper lotuses, while others are holding signs.

Reporter "Tensions are running up high outside of the Southern Water Tribe Cultural Center. The Avatar is leading a group of Southerners in a peaceful protest against Chief Unalaq, but the Northerners have come out in droves in support of their leader."

"Boo! Get out of here! Boo! Get a real job! Get out of here!"

In back of the cultural center, Mako was standing on patrol with a very annoyed Violet sitting beside him.

"When Beifong told me I'd have a cop watching me I didn't think she'd make you" Violet says

"Well who better then me?" Mako questions "do you have problem with it?"

"Yes" Violet looks at him annoyed

"Look at least the people here all think you're falsely accused" Mako defends "I watched you destroy a whole fleet of Northerners, and all the Northerners in this city would love to tear you apart right now I'm sure for hearing you tried to kill their leader"

"Technically the story is I helped plan it, not actually led it" Violet explains

"You know what I meant brat" Mako pinches her cheek

"Owie owie owie" Violet whines

"There's Violet" Mako chuckles

"What'd you do that for?" Violet rubs her cheek

"Just making sure you were still in there" Mako pats her head

"What's that supposed to mean?" Violet looks confused

"Don't worry about it" Mako says before they hear a sound

Mako turns to see two suspicious characters escaping.