Chapter 18

Violet walked around her village with Echo following her, happily prancing in the snow and trying to catch snowflakes on his tongue. The dragon flopped head first into the snow and Violet laughed.

"My how big he's gotten"

Violet turns and bows "Katara"

"I remember the day you got that dragon from Lord Zuko" Katara reminisces "You yourself was only a child, but you held that egg excitedly, you wouldn't let it out of your sight"

"When he hatched I was surprised actually" Violet tells her "I didn't believe that Lord Zuko would actually give me a dragon, I mean they're legendary creatures trusted to him"

"But he chose to give the only hatchling to you" Katara nods "because he believed that he was trusting it to the right person"

"Just because his wife chose me as her successor" Violet looks solemnly "was it truly because she saw the person I'd become, or was it because I was the Avatar's little sister and it was convienent"

"Kira grew up in the Fire Nation's palace at a time of war, her own powers were used for evil causes, which she regretted deeply the older she became" Katara looks Violet in the eyes "many called her corrupt and didn't believe a word she said, only very few of us knew her true nature. Aang and us believed her and many people were saved because we did. I believe that Kira saw the good in you and saw the kind hearted soul you inhabited, she believed- no she knew you wouldn't become corrupted by evil like she had"

"thank you Katara" Violet smiles then looks up at the moon "Katara can I ask you something?"

"Of course" Katara says "What troubles you?"

"How did you feel.. when you first blood bended?" Violet looks at her

"Horrified" Katara replies "I feared what would happen and what became of me, but as I grew old and wise I knew that it only mattered what it was used for, even if it felt wrong those who use it for good are brave. I never wanted to use blood bending on anyone ever again, but you child have used it to restore the bending of those who were wronged by Amon, and that is brave

"And what if.. I chose to use it in the future?" Violet asks afraid

"There will be those who judge you unfairly, but it is your power" Katara replies "It's up to you what you do with it"

Violet looks down at her hands and smiles "You're right"

-

"Are you really not going to come?" Korra asks Violet angrily

"Nope" Violet replies calmly

Korra was going with Unalaq to the South Pole, Mako and Bolin were tagging along as well but when asked Violet refused, which Korra is upset by.

"Why not?!" Korra demands

"You're doing what you think is best for the world and that's fine by me do whatever you want, but I won't tang along and support something I don't agree with" Violet replies shutting her book

"Uncle's trying to help me connect with my spiritual side" Korra tries to convince her "don't you want to be apart of it and you know connect with your spiritual side?"

"I intend to keep connected with my spiritual side by not helping with Uncle's absurd ideas of spiritual connections" Violet tells her turning to face away from her

"Please, you're in the same boat as me" Korra says "if you were in touch with your spiritual side that spirit wouldn't have attacked you, maybe you're in a worse position then me, that's why you need to come along. Maybe that attack was a sign that you need to learn from Uncle too."

"I highly doubt Uncle would be excited to have me tag along" Violet shakes her head "he hates me"

"No he doesn't" Korra disagrees "Maybe if you would just listen then maybe-"

"Korra" Violet turns to her sister "I'm sorry, thanks but no thanks. You guys will have to go without me, have a safe trip."

"Fine!" Korra storms off

Violet sighs "such a tempter with that one"

"Fighting with your sister?" Senna asks walking in

"Mom" Violet turns to her "No.. we just have different ideas"

"I see" Senna walks towards Violet and hugs her "It's alright, as the Avatar and the Guardian you both have a different perspective, being the Guardian is a difficult job. Having to watch over the Avatar and guard her without directly interferring.

"I did too much sitting and watching last time" Violet tells her mother "This time I'll take my own actions, ones I think are right"

Violet turns away from her mother and walks out of the room. Senna watches sadly as she leaves. Violet walks outside to see a number of large battleships entering the harbor, she looked up and narrowed her eyes at the bright lights appearing in the dark sky. Northern troops began marching in as more battleships approached the city.

"I knew it" Violet looks down at Echo "get ready buddy" she looks back up "here we go again"