Chapter 17

Six months ago, Avatar Korra and Guardian Violet defeated Amon and the Equalists. Since then the council was disbanded and the United Republic elected its first president. Tenzin's brother, Commander Bumi, retired and moved to Air Temple Island. And Korra and her boyfriend Mako have been the talk of the town. Peace has come to Republic City, but unbeknownst to the sisters, danger now threatens the Southern Water Tribe.

-

"Iiiiit's pro-bending night in Republic City, and have we got a doozy for you! Fan favorites, the Fire Ferrets, are about to take on hot newcomers, the Rhino Lions!"

A stern-looking Bolin stands with his hands on his hips. Pabu is perched atop the railing separating the player's locker room from the playing field.

"Now we all know that our last match was garbage. Terrible!" Bolin gestures with his right hand to Pabu "Even Pabu could've done a better job" Pabu walks up to Bolin and puts his paws on his master's side while squeaking.

Bolin takes on a more confident and proud posture; in a more cheerful tone "But that's in the past," he confidently leans forward in a somewhat defensive pose "because when you back a Fire Ferret in the corner, well mister," He throws a strong downward punch "he comes out fighting!"

Bolin confidently raises his fist before his body, while Pabu hisses, arching his back. Bolin confidently points toward the arena "So, let's get out there" he raises his fist above his head "and bend like there's no tomorrow. Are ya with me?"

Violet and a male fire bender stand in front of him.

"Uh" Violet looks nervous "sure"

"Whatever" the Fire bender replies

"You could be a bit more enthusiastic you know" Violet looks at him annoyed

"So says the girl who has a nervous breakdown almost every match" the Fire bender rolls his eyes "aren't you supposed to be the Switch or something"

"Guardian" Violet growls

"Ok ok stop it you two" Bolin intervenes "this is why we're losing" he turns and mutters "other then the fact this man can't bend to save his life"

"Let's just get this over with" the firebender walks past them

"Bolin why do we even bother with this guy anymore?" Violet asks him

"Cause we can't get anyone else to join" Bolin whines "hey at least we're here"

"Let's do this" Violet sighs

The Fire Ferrets and the Rhino Lions lined up before each other. As the bell to announce the start of the match rings, both teams ready their respective element. As a loud crash is heard, first Bolin, followed by his two teammates, are knocked into view and over the rim into the water, each being hit by their respective element. The buzzer sounds, signaling a zone-line has been crossed.

"Ooh, the Fire Ferrets go down in the water, and right into the record books for the fastest knockout in Pro-bending history!"

Bolin puts his head down, sighing in disappointment "Where's Mako when I need him?"

"Those damn-"

"Violet language!" Bolin looks at her surprised

"Sorry" Violet laughs nervously

"Come on" Bolin gets out of the water and holds his hand out to her "let's at least win the next one"

Violet takes his hand and Bolin pulls her out of the water.

"Oh forget it" the Fire bender climbs out of the water "this is a lost cause, I'm out of here"

"Hey!" Violet shouts at him "you can't just leave!"