Chapter 4

Violet is asleep in her room when a shadow passes the doors, she quickly shoots up in her bed, alarmed. Soon after, an Equalist chi blocker breaks through the window, while two more break in through the door. Violet jumps out of her bed as they come at her, but Korra runs in and blasts two shots of fire to keep them at bay. 

The chi blockers avoid her attacks, while one leaps up in the air while spinning like a top in an attempt to kick Korra's head, but Korra blocks the hit with her arm, and fires several fists of fire. While Korra is distracted from keeping two of the chi blockers away, the other somersaults and uses chi blocking on Violet's back, before kicking her to the ground on her knees while she lets out a shout of pain.

"Violet!" Korra shouts turning to her

The two chi blockers kick Korra down and grab her. Violet looks up to see Amon walking toward Korra.

"Korra!" Violet shouts

"After I take your bending away, you will be nothing" he reaches hand toward Korra's face as Violet watches with fear

"No!" Violet tries to get up

Amon looks at her and laughs "what a pathetic Switch, you can't even protect your avatar, weakling!"

"Korra!" Violet shoots up in bed, beads of sweat running down her face and gasping for air, it was all a nightmare.

Korra shot up from the ground "what's wrong?! what happened?"

"n-nothing" Violet looks down and grips the sheets "I just had a bad dream"

-

Korra was outside practicing Air Bending stances while Violet sat inside her room playing with Echo. Echo notices a candle and runs over to it.

"What?" Violet questions

Echo stands on it's back legs, he pushes one of his front paws towards the candle before standing on all four of his legs again.

"Fire bend?" she asks and Echo nods "oh Echo, you know I can't"

Echo squeaks in response. Violet stands up and walks over to the candle, she tries to light a fire in her hand but it doesn't happen.

Violet sighs "see.. I can't"

Echo stares at her looking annoyed

"...only when I black out" she tells him

Their's a knock on her door

"come in" she responds

Tenzin walks in "I might have something on your black outs"

"really?" Violet asks hopefully

"I believe when you black out, a spirit of one of your past lives takes over. You mentioned that you cannot firebend, but the white lotus says that is not true because you've firebended during your tests" Tenzin explains "but outside of the black outs, you have never fire bended before. Your fear of firebending has corrupted your own spirit and in return whenever you need to firebend or fight, a past life takes over to protect you and the honor of the Avatar Switch"

"But which past life is doing it?" Violet questions

"well I believe it is Fire Lady Kira" Tenzin answers "her spirit is most strongest right now since she was the Switch before you. You see the Avatar Switch doesn't have the same cycle as the Avatar does, the power of the switch is passed on by the previous switch's spirit. Spirits have a insight to people's lives therefore when you die as well your spirit will pick the next Switch that you think is the most fit"