Chapter 15

Well I hope you guys have been enjoying the new chapters, the comments have been dead silent since I started updating so I hope the silence is from excitement.

---

In the dining hall at Air Temple Island, Korra chows down on food while sitting at a table with Bolin, Mako, Asami, Tenzin, Lin, and Pema.

"Mmm. Mmm. The food tastes amazing, Pema. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again" Korra says happily

Pema stands up and takes Korra's plate "We're so thankful you're home safe"

"Let me help" Asami stands up and helps take the dirty dishes from the table

They head into the kitchen where Violet stood feeding Echo. Asami and Pema start washing dishes, soon Pema suddenly doubles over and cries out in pain.

"Pema, are you all right?" Asami asks concerned

"The baby is... just kicking, really hard, is all" Pema replies "I'm fine"

"Should I get Tenzin?" Violet asks

"No reason to worry him, it's nothing" Pema says

Mako walks into the kitchen carrying a teapot "Can I get some hot water? Korra needs more tea."

"You're a firebender. Boil it yourself." Asami tells him angrily

Asami continues washing her dish as both Mako and Pema stare at her with confusion.

"I'm- gonna step out in case you two want to talk" Pema says and signals Violet as well, she grimaces as she leaves

Violet looks between the couple before picking up her baby dragon and exiting the kitchen.

-

Violet looked feared with every turn of her book, she was reading about bloodbending. Suddenly their was a loud explosion followed by several more. Violet closes her book and runs outside with echo following.

Lin is standing in the courtyard with Tenzin's children and the White Lotus sentries, as the Equalists airships fly in overhead.

Violet's eyes widen "Are those-"

"All right, kids, time to go inside" Lin tells the kids

Korra, Mako, Bolin and Asami rush out to see what is going on. Jinora, Ikki and Meelo walk quickly into the house.

"We heard explosions, what's going on?" Korra asks

"Republic City is under attack" Lin tells them

"So they're finally making their move" Violet says looking worried

"Let's go!" Korra rushes to the boat with Mako, Bolin and Asami following

"What do you think you're doing!?" Violet shouts

"We have to help the city Violet, come on!" Korra replies

Violet stares at her sister before looking back at Lin and the air temple kids.

"No, I'll stay here to protect the island" Violet tells her sister "You go find Master Tenzin"

"...right" Korra smiles "stay safe"

"you too" Violet replies as the boat takes off

The airship's hatch opens, the Lieutenant and a group of chi blockers can be seen inside. They look down at the island as a metal hook and cable fires from above their heads and attaches to the temple's stone steps. 

The chi blockers use harnesses to slide down the cable to the island. The White Lotus sentries are watching and charge forward to confront them. Lin and Violet stand beside each other in the courtyard, as Tenzin's family watches from the balcony.