Chapter 24

Finally an update! I'm so sorry.

-

Faari and Lulu traveled together for awhile. Faari always keeping Lulu far away from danger while they searched for her brother.

"Let's stop to rest here." Faari says as she lays down

Lulu nods and sits next to her. The two eat some fruits from the nearby trees. The ground rubles and Faari stood up quickly.

"We must go" Faari seemed panicked "Get on."

Lulu quickly climbs onto her back and Faari takes off running. She halts quickly as a large red spirit appears in front of them.

"Running again Faari." The spirit speaks

"Vaatu" Faari takes a step back

"Vaatu?" Lulu looks confused

"He's the dark spirit remember." Faari tells her

"Ah!" Lulu holds onto Faari

Faari quickly turns around and runs away.

"You're not running this time!" Vaatu chases after them

"Why is he chasing us?!" Lulu asks terrified

"I'm the Guardian spirit" Faari admits "If I get corrupted it's the end of the world!"

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Lulu freaks "Go faster."

Currupted spirits began to block their path, Faari jumps over them and continues running.

"You're looking for Raava then." Lulu says

"Yes, my sister." Faari confirms "She's the only one who has the power to subdue him!"

"Why can't you?" Lulu asks confused.

"I don't have the power to purify spirits." Faari replies "I can only do that if my sister dies, as she weakens I grow stronger."

"What kind of balance is that?" Lulu questions

"I'll explain later, we just need to get far away from him as possible." Faari tells her.

Lulu nods and watches out for corrupted spirits. They soon make it far away where it seems to be calm. The two soon make their way to a forest where it seemed to be destroyed.

"What happened here?" Lulu got off Faari and looked around at all the burnt trees.

"It looks like a fight between humans and spirits." Faari looks around "They completely wiped each other out."

"No.." Lulu looks around and couldn't help to but start crying.

"W-Why are you crying?" Faari asks surprised and walks over to her "Are you ok?"

"It's just" Lulu sniffs and wipes her eyes "So sad, why do we have to fight?"

"It's always been like this." Faari nuzzles against her "Humans have always feared spirits and in return spirits have always believed humans caused destruction everywhere they went."

"But why?" Lulu cries "The spirit wilds are so beautiful a-and I-"

"Calm down I understand" Faari laid her head on Lulu's shoulder "It's just always been this way. Vaatu creats chaos and distrust, it's how the world is."

"Then why can't it change?" Lulu asks

"Maybe it can" Faari says "Starting with you and me, we're friends, and maybe we can change this world. Together."

"I'd like that." Lulu smiles

"Hahaha" they hear Vaatu's voice "How funny."

"Vaatu!" Faari stands up