Chapter 12

A ferry pulls up at Air Temple Island's port, Mako, Bolin, and Asami stood on the boat watching as they approached the Island. Korra, Violet, Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo were standing on the dock, waving to them. Naga and Echo stand there as well.

Ikki jumps excitedly "You're finally here!"

One Air Acolyte throws the anchor in the water while two others let down the ramp to allow the passengers to get off the boat.

"Welcooome to Air Temple Island" Ikki greets "Your new home"

"Yes, welcome to" Meelo points at himself "my domain"

Bolin is carrying his duffel bag over his right shoulder, and Mako and Asami descend the ramp behind him.

"Well, aren't you sweet," Bolin says "little monk child"

"That's Meelo" Violet tells him

Pabu jumps down from Bolin's shoulder and runs in between Meelo's legs before running to the right. Meelo bends over and looks through his legs at Pabu before standing back up.

"What's that fuzzy creature?" Meelo asks

Pabu and Naga sniff each other's nose; Pabu stands himself on his hind legs, and gently touches Naga's nose with his left front paw.

"That is a fire ferret" Jinora tells him "An arboreal mammal common to the bamboo forests of the central Earth Kingdom"

Ikki jumps out from behind Jinora and gasps in delight. "He's cuuuute!"

Ikki squees and runs off screen toward Pabu. Meelo airbends upward while an irritated Jinora plugs her ears by putting a finger into each of her ears to silence Ikki's shrieks. Pabu hisses at Ikki and runs under Naga. The girl follows suit as she continues giggling with joy. Meelo descends down to jump on Naga's head, grabbing and pulling the polar bear dog's ears backward.

"Yip yip! Fly sky bison! Fly!" Meelo shouts

Naga does not react to Meelo's antics and Ikki continues to chase Pabu around the dock.

"...please never let me have children like that" Violet says to herself and Mako laughs hearing her comment.

"Thanks for sending the Air Acolytes to help us with the move" Mako says to the girls

"Yes, they've been amazing" Asami agrees "Such tireless workers"

Korra looks at the large stack of cases in surprise as the Acolytes carry them off the boat.

"Oh, I thought you were only bringing a few things" Korra says

"Trust me, it could've been worse." Mako tells her

"It's no problem, bring whatever you need to feel welcome" Violet tells Asami "If their's any more feel free to bring them"

"Thank you" Asami smiles "you're such a sweetheart Violet" 

Naga playfully chases Pabu around as the group strolls behind them and walks toward the temple. Ikki runs around with her hands outstretched as she sings and hums gleefully. Asami looks down at Meelo with confusion as he grins at her.

"You're pretty, can I have some of your hair?" Meelo holds out his hand

"Looks like I have some competition" Mako jokes

"Please excuse me everyone" Violet says "I have morning training I need to attend now"

"But we just got here" Bolin says disappointed

"Well you guys live here now so it's not like you won't see her soon" Korra tells them then pats Violet's head "I got helping them settle in, you get going"