Chapter 27

While Korra was inside practicing her bending with the others, Violet stood outside watching the passing ocean. Soon enough Mako came out to breathe.

"It's getting cold out, you should head inside, we'll be there soon." Mako tells her

"I don't feel like going inside, I'm worried." Violet replies

"Are you mad at me too?" Mako asks with a sigh

"Not mad, their's too much going on right now." Violet looks at him "Don't worry."

"Violet.." Mako puts his hand on top of hers "I will tell her.. cause I-"

"Guys!" Asami comes out

Mako and Violet quickly pull away.

"What's wrong?" Violet asks

"...you don't have to hide it from me you know." Asami says "Anyway, I just picked up a distress signal from the southern troops. There's a problem."

Oogi flies into the White Lotus compound as Korra and Violet enters the compound on Naga while Echo runs behind them. Korra's mother approaches them as they dismount Naga.

"Mom!" The girls run to their mother and she hugs them.

"I'm so happy you're here." Senna says

"Where's Dad?" Korra asks

"Unalaq wiped out the entire southern resistance, and captured your father." Senna tells them worriedly.

"I'll get him back." Korra declares

"It'll be ok mom." Violet comforts her mother

Tenzin approaches holding Jinora "Where is my mother?"

"She's in the healing hut. So many injured." Senna replies

While the others went to the healing hut Violet stayed with her mother.

"Violet I can see your troubled, what's wrong?" Senna asks

"Nothing mom, I know everything will be alright, Korra always pulls through." Violet smiles

"Honey.." Senna pulls Violet into a hug "Stop hiding your feelings behind a smile, I'm your mother, I know when you're lying."

With that all the tears Violet's been holding back began to flow out. She hugged her mother tightly and cried her eyes out.

"I'm so scared mommy." Violet cries "The first guardian died to protect the world durring the first Convergence, what if the same happens to me?"

"Honey no, no no no." Senna wipes her tears "Their's no way Korra or anyone would ever let that happen. I'm sure the first guardian didn't have the friends or team you do. You have people that stand beside you, that makes you strong."

"But what if I have no choice?" Violet asks trying to stop crying

"Violet you're still young, the weight of the world isn't yours to bare alone." Senna comforts her "Your sister learned the same from you, take your own advice dear. Just because you were told it was your job to watch over the Avatar, doesn't mean you'd have nobody to watch over you."

"Thank you mom" Violet hugs her again "I love you."

"I love you too honey." Senna smiles hugging her youngest "Trust me, you're never alone, their will always be someone by your side."

Violet met up with the team. They had a plan to distract the forces while Korra and Violet headed into the spirit world. They were getting the plane ready when Violet met up with Mako.

"Be safe ok." Violet tells him

"Of course, you be safe too." Mako replies

"Mako.." Violet grabs his arm "If something happens to me at any point, promise me you'll watch after Korra."

"Where is this coming from?" Mako faces her "Nothing's going to happen to you."

"Mako please.. just promise me." Violet practically begs

"Ok.. I promise." Mako takes her hand "But it won't come to that, only you can watch over the Avatar, their's nobody better then you."

"Thank you" Violet pulls away from him

"Violet wait!" Mako grabs her hand "I know things are weird, but when this is all over, I'll make everything clear."

"What clear?" Violet asks

Mako takes off his scarf and wraps it around her "Stay warm."

"Alright, let's do this!" Asami starts up the plane

Bolin walks over and the two boys board.

"Violet" Korra walks over to her "I know you don't want to hear this but I want you to stay here."

"What, why?" Violet looks shocked

"I'm just going to close the portal, nothing else." Korra tells her "I want you to stay and protect mom and the injured rebels."

"Alright." Violet agrees

"Really?" Korra looked surprised "I thought you would argue more."

"I know what you can do Korra, I'm not worried." Violet smiles "i know you'll succeed, but if you get in danger I'll be there in a heartbeat."

"Thanks sis" Korra hugs her "We'll be back soon."

Korra and the others all take off as Violet and Senna watch them leave. Violet looks up at the snow and lets out a breathe.

"He was right." Violet pulls Mako's scarf up to cover her mouth "It is really cold."