Chapter 32

After journeying across the land to find Korra, their lead led them to an inn in the desert where they learned Korra was lost in the desert. After a bit of talking with Lin the door opened, they turned to see Korra and Asami. Korra smiles and approaches them.

"What are you all doing here?" Korra asks

"Korra, you're safe." Tonraq hugs his daughter.

"Yeah, we made it out of the desert, thanks to Asami." Korra says

Tonraq nods in appreciation to Asami before turning his attention to Korra again "Do you remember Lord Zuko?"

"I met you when you were a very young girl." Zuko approaches her "It's good to see you again, Avatar Korra."

"It's good to see you, Lord Zuko." Korra bows "I remember you being very close with my little sister when she was younger, thank you for looking after her."

"It's my pleasure." Zuko smiles "Guardian Violet grew up to be a smart young lady, thanks to her loving family and her big sister."

"I don't know about that one, I'm always cleaning up her mess." Violet joked

"Shhh" Korra covered Violet's mouth "don't tell him that."

"Now that your family reunion is over." Lin looks annoyed "Thanks for ditching me back at Zaofu."

"Yeah, sorry about that. But, how did you all find us?" Korra questions

"I am a detective, you know." Lin replies

"Did you find Mako and Bolin?" Asami asks

"Some people at the inn saw them captured by Zaheer's crew." Lin tells them "We don't know where they are."

"What?!" Violet shouts and everyone looks at her, she covers her mouth and speaks quietly "Sorry."

"Did you hear about the Earth Queen?" Tonraq asks Korra

"What about her?" Korra lifts and eyebrow

At that time the radio turns up "Once again, the Earth Queen's reign has come to an abrupt and violent end. Ba Sing Se has descended into chaos. Rioters and looters have overrun the palace."

"The Red Lotus." Korra says

"The what?" Violet looks confused

"What's that?" Tonraq asks

"The name of the group that's been trying to capture me and just took out the Earth Queen." Korra replies "I'm afraid this is only the beginning, Dad."

"This can't be- ow." Violet puts her hand over her throat, Tonraq and Lord Zuko turn their attention to her.

"Are you alright?!"

"Are you ok?!"

"Yes I'm fine." Violet takes a step away from them "Calm down, my throat just hurts."

Korra gasps as she finally saw the marks on Violet's neck, she runs over to her and grabs her shoulders "Vi what happened?!"

"We had a run-in with Zaheer and his crew." Zuko replies

"Your sister had a fight with Ming-Hua." Tonraq says bending down to his youngest "Are you sure you're alright? You were so persistent that we found Korra right away we didn't get you to Katara."

"I told you I'm fine daddy." Violet tells him "We have more important matters to attend to."

The group was disturbed by loud noises outside, Korra and Asami head to investigate. Violet pulls away from her father and the group heads outside to see Korra and Mako hugging awkwardly.