Chapter 6

The next few months went by in the blink of an eye. September 18th arrived and Beth found herself sitting in a corporate building surrounded by All Elite Wrestlings executive team. Cody , Nick , Matt, Adam and Kenny sat among them. Each had a hand in the making of the company. They explained every aspect of her contract and Beth signed a dozen different pages. 

"Congratulations Beth you are officially a member of ALL ELITE WRESTLING." 

The whole process had been easier than she had anticipated. Once it was all said and done they sat around discussing the plans. 

"We want you to become a part of our group the elite. You will obviously be a female singles competitor but we want you to kind of vallet each of us . Pretty much be there at ringside to stop any wrong doing but hyping up the crowd. As long as you agree to that. You have full reign of your character."

Kenny explained to her. 

"You can wear anything you want , do anything you want. You can come out to any music you want to as a singles competitor. We will start out as the faces of the company but eventually we may become heels...thats a long way off yet though." 

Nick added on after Kenny. None of them had stopped grinning like idiots since she signed the contract.

"That all sounds amazing. I've kept up with y'all on the Indys for years and being a part of the elite would absolutely be an honor. I've been thinking about a lot of things and i want to keep my old entrance music. Its mine , WWE doesn't own it. So if at all possible id like to use it. As for what i want to wear I've got no idea. When i was part of the shield we wore only black. Then i wore mostly red once the shield ended. I think id like to add some color. " 

There were so many things running thru her mind. So many possibilities. 

"You can absolutely keep your entrance music. We will get a custom titantron made up for you. As for what you want to wear we are gonna take you down to meet Stella and Maggie. They are in charge of hair , makeup and wardrobe. They will help you with anything you need. Also I'm sure along the way we will run into a few people you already know. "

Beth hadnt noticed before but the building they were in was also a wrestling school along the bottom floor. According to Cody he owned the building and they had been using it to get the team ready for tv. 

They introduced her to Stella and Maggie who both had so many ideas for her look. They were mid conversation when someone came up behind her and cleared their throat.

"So the rumors are true. The Lovely Queen has come to the dark side. " 

Beth turned around and came face to face with Chris Jericho. They stared at each other for a minute before both laughed and embraced. 

"Chris its so damn good to see you. "

He hugger her tight and then pulled back to look at her. 

"Its so good to see you too sweetheart. I cant believe you are here. I never thought id see the day. " 

Chris was another one she had known since she was little. 

"If im being honest i can't believe i am here either. Im still trying to get used to it. "

He nodded his head and smirked. 

"Sweetheart once you get your gimmick together and you get out on that stage you will know this was meant to be. " 

The next couple of weeks went by in a flash. Before they knew it Dynamite was two days away. The preparation for the live show was grueling. So many people working to build the set, to make sure the lighting was correct. Stella and Maggie were working round the clock to get gear made just right and to plan out each wrestlers look. Beth found herself bouncing around the ring once it was put together. She had been training with Mox over the weeks to get herself back to where she needed to be but she still felt unprepared and rusty. She did a few bumps but stopped when she felt eyes on her. She turned around to see Nick walking toward the ring. She watched as he hopped into the ring and bounced a few times. 

"You good Beth? You look nervous." He leaned against the ropes and eyed her.  Shrugging it off she stretched her arms over her head. 

"Nervous does not even begin to explain how im feeling. It's been almost eight months since ive had a match. Not to mention im in a whole new place with new people. Im just starting to doubt myself. What if im not as good as i once was?"  

Nick laughed but walked over to her. He held out his hand and waited.

"Beth you are only 29 years old. You still have plenty of years ahead of you in the wrestling business. You are one of the best in the world in my opinion. But if you are doubting yourself then lets find out just how good you are. "

Beth looked at his hand and then at his face. He raised his eyebrow at her and waved his hand around in front of her. Hesitantly she took it and allowed him to pull her to the center of the ring.

"Okay so treat this as a real match. Give me all you got . Don't hold back." 

His cockiness was coming out and she found it oddly attractive. 

"I never hold back, i should be the one telling you that. Don't go easy on me cause im a woman. Either way im gonna beat your ass. " 

She winked at him and got ready to lock up. As they locked up Beth got the upper hand and pulled Nick into a head lock. He wiggled out of it and sent her flying into the ropes. She ducked and headed to the other side of the ring to bounce off the ropes as he tried to super kick her. She hit him hard in the chest with a clothes line and laid him out on the mat. At this point a crowd had started to gather. Neither of them noticed until they heard matt and kenny yelling.

"Kick his ass Beth."

"Yeah show him whose boss." 

For a brief second she was distracted, giving him time to grab her foot and fling her onto her back. He grabbed her leg and tried to pin her but she kicked out quickly. 

Adam had slipped into the ring and was now playing referee. They ended up rolling around beating the hell out of each other for awhile before Nick hit her with a super kick. She hit the mat hard and he was able to pin her.

One, Two, Three.

Their match was over. Beth laid there on the mat panting for what felt like an hour. Even though she lost, it was great exercise and she had a good time. Nick got up first and extended his hand out to her. She allowed him to pull her to her feet and thanked him for the help. 

"You gave me a run for my money there. You are gonna do great. Quit doubting yourself. You are amazing… inside and outside the ring. " 

He winked at her as he said the last part and then got out of the ring. She was very happy that she was already flushed from the match cause she knew her cheeks were red now. Before he walked away with Matt and Kenny he turned back towards her.

"Maybe during our rematch you will actually succeed in kicking my ass. Im looking forward to it. " 

He laughed and continued to walk back towards the backstage area.

"That mans gonna be the death of me." She mumbled to herself.