Chapter 35:

(Hey! I was supposed to be studying for my test tomorrow but I'm here writing so wish me luck)

The next morning is just as exhausting as the last one. I drag myself out of the bed and take a shower. I kept thinking about what happened with Mr. Carter and if I should tell Kyle about that.

He'd probably make a scene. He never appeared to be the jealous kind but I know he can be a little protective sometimes, and the last thing I need is my boyfriend fighting my boss. Not when I need this job so bad.

"Morning" I mumble walking into the kitchen. Kyle is sitting behind the counter with a bowl of cereal in front of him and a glass of juice. "Are you going to work today?" I ask him, scrunching my nose at the mention of that awful place called rehab.

"Yeah, we have a meeting today" he smiles. It amuses me how good he feels about helping people when I have honestly no interest on other people's life.

"Good" I mumble, pouring myself cereal.

"It was good for you, wasn't it?" He asks me after a few seconds. He watches me in anticipation and I notice he's probably been wondering that for a while.

"I don't know. I still feel like I need a drink every time" I shrug.

"Yeah but you're not getting high anymore, are you?" He asks me, with a smile playing on his lips.

"No.. Though I want it. But I do smoke still" I observe.

"Nah that's no trouble. You just need to stay away from the drugs and alcohol" he winks at me.

"This is bullshit. The drug thing I get it, but the alcohol? I mean, am I supposed to handle a stupid boring party sober?" I snap and he giggles.

"Rehab from alcohol doesn't mean you can't drink at all. You just need to control it. You can manage to drink a few and still be sober enough to think at the end of the night"

"Yeah yeah whatever" I roll my eyes, standing up and throwing the empty bowl into the sink. "Will you drop me off?" I ask him and he chuckles, getting up from his seat and smiling at me.

"You really need to get a new car" he mumbles and I give him the middle finger.

The problem is not even the lack of a car. Is just that.. I can't fucking drive for two more months! This just pisses me off. I went to freaking rehab, I don't have a drink in days - I should be rewarded with my license back.

-
After what seems like two days, I'm finally in my lunch time and when I grab my purse to go out, someone's voice startles me.

"Where are you going?" He asks me.

"Mr. Carter, I thought you wouldn't show up today" I say. Lauren told me he called to tell her he wouldn't come. He just got here I can see.

"Changed my mind. I need you in my office. Now" he demands.

"Actually, I was going to lunch" I explain and he smiles at me. That weird smile.

"You can have lunch later, Moore. Please come to my office" he says and leaves without a word. Beth just looks at me and weakly smiles.

"He's a jerk" she says.

"He seemed so nice when I interviewed here" I shrug.

"He always does. But he's not. He's a jerk, Sam. Don't roll with it" she warns me before she leaves the office.

She kept me thinking about that. What did she mean with don't roll with it?

I decide to shrug it off and walk to Mr. Carter's office. I knock two times before I walk in.