Chapter 21:

Friday is finally here and I couldn't be more excited. I've been at Kyle's for the last couple of days and we're getting along pretty well, more than I thought we could, to be completely honest. He's aware of the party tonight, of course he is. One of his friends is a fratboy and invited him, so we may or may not be going together. Not as a couple. I'm just his guest whom doesn't have a fucking car and needs a ride and it's better to go with him than explain to Karen why I'm at his place for this last couple of days and ask her to take me. It's just easier. 

"Are you ready?" Kyle asks me through the bathroom door. "Of course not I just left the shower" I roll my eyes. "Goddamn it, Sam. It's almost midnight already" he groans. "Fuck off, I'll take five minutes to get dressed" I smile at him when I open the bathroom door. "This party is starting so late anyway" I shrug. "Yeah, it'll be wild" he smirks and I roll my eyes. "Now fuck off, I need to change" I say. "Seriously? There's nothing there I haven't seen before" he chuckles. "Fuck you" I laugh "Now go" he raises his hands to the air, leaving the bedroom and shutting the door closed. 

I decide to put on my black skinny jeans ripped on the knee and a plain black shirt. I put my converse on and brush my hair, leaving it to naturally dry itself. I just apply some eyeliner and I'm good to go. I leave the bedroom to find Kyle standing on the living room, looking at his phone with a smirk on his face. "What do you have in there that is so funny?" I ask and he instantly puts his phone down to his back pocket. "Uhm, nothing. Are you ready?" he asks. "Yep" I say, grabbing my phone from the desk and heading to the front door. 

"You look great" Kyle tells me on our way to the frat house. "Thanks, you don't look bad youself" I bite on my bottom lip, stopping me from smile and he seems to do the same thing. I like Kyle, a lot. As a friend. He's been a really good friend to me by letting me stay with him, and of course we do have a little... thing sometimes. But there's it, it's just sex and nothing more. 

Within fifteen minutes driving around, we're here at this such familiar place to me, even though I don't study here, I feel like I come to this campus more than I actually should. We step out of the car and walk through the driveway towards the huge house. I scan the room as soon as we enter the house and I don't take anylonger findind Karen. She's talking with some random guy I don't know and she's holding a red cup. She seems to be having fun, she's laughing a lot and with that, I already know with who she'll be leaving tonight. 

We walk towards her and she spots us. She warmly smiles at us but her eyes go wide as soon as he get closer. She has a smirk on her face and I feel confused. By the look on Kyle's face, he's thinking the same thing as me. "Hey" I say to her and she looks down to something, and as soon as she focus her sight, she laughs. What the hell.. I follow her eyes and, oh my god. Kyle and I are holding hands and I haven't even noticed that. 

"Two days living together and you're already whipped her" Karen laughs and I wiggle my hand off his grip, and so does he. "We're not living together" Kyle says at the same time I say "I'm not whipped". We both roll our eyes at her and she laughs even more. "God, how much did she drink?" I ask the guy next to her "Since I got here, I saw her having like three cups" he smiles and I nod. "Don't let her drink anymore" I mock and he nods at me. "By the way" Kyle interrupts. "This is Kaleb, my friend I told you about" he says and Kaleb stands his hand for me to shake it and so I do it. "Oh, nice. I'm Sam" I smile at him. "I know" he blinks at Kyle and he blushes. The fuck is going on, Kyle is blushing. I would be worried about the reason he blushed if it wasn't so funny. 

"I'm going to get a drink, do you want some?" Kyle finally speaks out and asks me. "Sure" I say. "Karen, please?" he asks her and I look at her confused. She seems just as confused as I am, but she follows him anyway. "So, you're hitting on my friend I see" I mock Kaleb. "What?" he asks. "She looks pretty into you. You know, for tonight" I laugh. "Oh god" he flushes. "No, I'm..." he tries "this is not what.."