Chapter 13:

"So why are you really here?" I ask Kyle, climbing off bed and dressing my jeans. 

"I thought we made that clear a few minutes ago" he smirks and I laugh. 

"Asshole" I mumble and he shrugs. I reach to my drawer and grab a pack of cigarettes, handing it to him "You want some?" I ask and he shakes his head no "So no drinking and no smoking either?" he nods "You life must suck" 

He laughs at my comment and half-sits on the bed, supporting on his elbows as I sit on my usual place next to the window. 

"I didn't know you smoke" he says. 

"Well, I do" I shrug and he roll his eyes "What?" I snap.

"Nothing, you should just be a little more... clean, I guess. All this drinking and smoking might kill you someday" he remarks and it's my turn to roll my eyes. 

"Oh, fuck off. I already hear this shit from my mom every day, so save your breath" I spit "if you'd have the life that I have, you'd totally be joining me right now" I blink at him and he giggles.

"It can't be that bad" he climbs off bed too, dressing his clothes and sitting on the edge of the bed next to me. 

"Well, it is" I shrug "my parents are just so annoying, you have no idea" 

"I do actually, my parents aren't the bestest either" he says, smiling.

"At least you don't live with them!" I snap and he nods. 

"You should get another job then, so you can afford a new place" 

"And a new car?" I nervously laugh "Believe me, i'm trying" 

A few minutes later, i'm on my third cigarette when I hear a soft knock on the door. "Sam?" I hear my mother's voice. 

"Shit" I say, throwing the cigarette through the window and running to the door to unlock it.

"Why did you lock your door, Samantha?" she rudely asks and I hear Kyle's giggle. Fuck, he's such an asshole.

"Uhm, nothing mom. I think I just didn't... you know, I didn't realize I lock it. My bad" I give her a half-hearted smile and she glares at me.

"I don't buy this crap" she snaps, looking straight to Kyle.

"That's your problem then" I smile at her. 

"I came to ask if you want to have dinner, it's quite late, but you haven't ate at all since you came home from work" she says, her tone slwoly softening. 

"I'm not hungry" I lie, just because I want to get rid of her. 

"Okay?" she mumbles and looks at Kyle, waiting for him to answer. Woah, looks who's suddenly so polite.

"I'm fine, thanks" he smiles at her and she nods, throwing me a deathful glare before she leaves through the hallway. 

"See what I'm talking about?" I squeaks at Kyle after closing the door again.

"At least you know how to deal with her" he shrugs "Well, I'm going to head home" he says and I nod.

"Goodnight" I say "I won't walk you out" I remark when I see he's stopped by the doorway. 

"No I was... I don't know, I was..." he mumbles "Never mind" he smiles and starts to walk away.

"Wait" I say "What were you going to say?" We're in the middle of the hallway, right in front of my parents bedroom and the door is closed so I assume they're in there, so I try to keep my voice down. 

Going Underजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें