Chapter 31:

The thing about this new job was: I'm exhausted by the end of the week and I don't have enough energy to party with Karen. But she doesn't take a no as an answer, so she just drags me out of the house, taking me and Kyle to the club. 

"I'm tired, can't I just go home?" I whine. "Shut up, this is your party. We're celebrating!" her squeaky voice tells me, too loud, over the music. 

"Who are you and what did you do with my girlfriend?" Kyle asks me and both Karen and I just stand there freezed, staring at him. Did he just call me his girlfriend? 

"Okay!" Karen exclaims, way too loud now. "I spy with my little eye... someone hot as fuck" she says and Kyle and I just laugh at her when she walks away from us, weirdly dancing and approaching some guy. 

"Sorry" Kyle's voice whispers in my ear. "I.. I didn't mean to pressure you"

"Not at all" I say, gulping on my drink. "Really?" he asks.

"Yeah, well... I think that's right to say? I mean... if we're not dating then what are we doing?" I playfully say and he nervously laugh.

"Are you asking me to be your boyfriend? Sam, this is so unexpected" he puts his hand over his chest, pretending he's emotional and I burst in laughter. "Asshole" I say before he pulls me by the waist and kiss the hell out of me. 

"Oh my god I love this song" I yelp when the DJ plays Chocolate by The 1975, my favorite band, may I add.

Kyle laughs out loud and grabs my hand, dragging me to the dance floor. 

"I never said I wanted to dance though" I roll my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck when his arms go straight to my waist. 

"You didn't need to, I want to dance with you" he cheekily says. 

"Asshooooooleee" I sing. "How much did you have to drink?" he asks me. 

"I stopped counting at..." I raise my hand, five fingers showing and I pretend to be counting "...five?" I say and laugh so hard after it, he just keeps looking at me. 

"Okay, maybe we should go home" he says. 

"No way, I wanted to leave earlier and you didn't, now that's my jam shut up" I tell him, pecking on his lips and grinding my body against his, to the rhythm of the song.

We stay at the dance floor for a couple more songs and then we head back to the bar to get our last shots before we go. Well, Kyle wants to order us some water but I ordered for a shot of tequila instead. 

"You've been drinking all night" he rolls his eyes. 

"Well, you've been drinking... whatever the hell you drink all night too" I childishly remark. 

"I was drinking Coke, because I'll drive us back" he raises an eyebrow to me.

"and because you're a whining asshole who happens to be sober for God knows how long" I roll my eyes at him and he chuckles. 

"You're lucky I know you drank your ass off, otherwise I'd be dragging you out of this damn place" he groans, gulping on his water. 

"Stop being such a bitch" I say. "I have to pee" I say, heading to the bathroom, which by the way I took about ten minutes to find the damn place. 

I stumble inside it, shutting the door behind me and I find two girls looking themselves in the mirror. They look stupid.

But then one of them just pull her phone out of her purse and they lay their faces together to take a selfie. Oh, not the duck face! They are stupid.