Chapter 2:

As the sun sets, I receive a text from Karen telling me to drop by the frat house around 10pm to party. I text her okay and throw my phone on my bed. It's still early to get ready and I feel so fucking hungry I decide to leave my bedroom and head to the kitchen. My mom is in front of the oven carefully mixing something inside the black pot that releases a slight steam that smell so fucking delicious. 

"What do we have in here?" I ask. She seems startled as she looks at me with wide eyes. "Uhm, I'm cooking" She says. I roll my eyes at her and she seems like she didn't do it purposely. She is so distracted! "I know that" I mumble "What are you cooking? I'm hungry as fuck" she glares at me and shakes her head side to side "macaroni and cheese" she simply says. I nod and head back to the living room where my father is sitting on the couch watching television. I groan at his presence because we never got along in my entire life. Not even when I was a little child. I remember I would see little girls playing and running around with their dads, being all cute and their dads grabbing them and spinning them in the air. My father never did it to me. He always seemed so distant and so disgusted. I don't know why though, but I don't really care anymore. 

"Now you remember you have a family then?" he asks me when I start to head back to my bedroom. I stop and turn around to face him. He can't be serious "Family? Where?" I ask. He withdraws from the TV to me and he glares at me. "You shouldn't say those things. You hurt your mother every time you does that" he says too calm, actually. "Well, you shouldn't be on my ass every fucking time either and look at that" I raise my voice and I hear someone sniffing in the room. My father looks away, behind me and he frowns. Then he looks back at me, shaking his head. I look back and find my mom crying. Why is she crying? 

"Dinner is on the table. Suit yourself" she whispers, running back to the kitchen. "See what you did?" My father growls, standing up and chasing her to the kitchen. What did I say? I was only refering to my father, for fuck sakes! Of course, i'm not in the best terms with her either, but still... I never meant to be mean at her, at least not at this conversation with my dad. He's being an asshole the whole time I can remember, and he never, never ever smiled at me or greeted me with a warm hug or at least a nice "good morning". My mom is different, a little bit. She tries her best to get along with me, but I just won't do shit for that. She treated me like shit a few months ago when she found out I was smoking. And she still does sometimes, she just knows how to hide it better than my father. 

When I finally realize no one is coming back to the dining room, I take a seat around the table and put myself a plate of food. I'm hungry as hell and I don't have time for their shit. 

It's almost eight pm when I finally decide to head into the shower and get ready for the party. I take a few minutes and then I wrap myself in a towel heading back to my room. I go into my closet and grab my ripped dark skinny jeans and a band t-shirt. I don't know the band, I just stole the t-shirt from Karen's wardrobe one day. I thought it was nice and it really suits me, I think. I like the draw, anyway. 

I park my car in the driveway, right in front of the house, luckily. I step out of the vehicle, pacing towards the front door. I spot a few groups outside the house, but they're all so wasted already it just leads me to laugh. 

"Hey, Sam!" I hear someone calling my name and I spot Karen waving her skinny arms in the air to call my attention. I nod at her and she smiles, sitting back on the lether couch she's sit. "You look good" She says and I roll my eyes at her before I take the seat next to her. Paul is sitting on the floor and Henry and on the couch across ours. Brian and Hannah are making out in the worst way and disgusting way possible next to Paul on the floor and they don't seem to notice my arrival. 

"So, where's that lingerie we talked about?" Paul jokes making us all laugh. He shrugs and joins us. Karen blinks at me and I don't really understand why, but I don't care. "Where's the booze?" I ask and Paul stands up, standing his hand at me to push me out of the couch. I grab it and we head to the kitchen. It's filled of drunken bodies and the smell in the air makes my stomach twists. Sweat and vomit makes me sick but I'm so used at this, since sometimes I myself contribute to the show.