For The People

"I Officially Hate You" said Connor as he was carrying grocery bags for an old lady as saitama himself was made sweet talk with the manager to get coupons.

"Your only saying that because you know nothing of the blessings that is financially saving cash" said Saitama as he put the coupons in his right pocket.

"No, I'm saying that because your making me do all these odd jobs by myself as you cash in deals for yourself" said Connor as he managed to get the old ladies groceries to her car.

The old lady was currently holding onto saitama's arm as saitama lead her back to her car.

"Thank you boys for your help, my arms just aren't as good as they used too, here as a reward" said the old lady as she handed saitama and Conner lollipops.

"Don't eat them all at once, you will ruin your teeth" said the old lady as she loaded her groceries in her car and took off.

"Huuuueeeeeggghh" said Connor as he was already getting tired of this shit, this had to be the 10 person he has helped today and hadn't received a damn thing in return for what he's done.

He was a cross walk guard from 7:00am-8:30am, then he was a traffic director from 9:00am-10:30am, then he was helping finding a families lost dog who was taking a shit on a property 3 blocks down at 11:00am, then he had to get a cat out of a tree for a kid which the cat was a feisty basterd that didn't like getting touched by other he didn't know at 12:00pm, then he was helping pushing a guys car off the road because his battery had died at a traffic stop at 1:00pm, then he was assisting the fire department getting people out of a burning building at 2:00pm-3:30pm, then he was stopping a car theif who was also speeding on the high way endangering her life as well as other road users at 4:00pm, he was then helping unload a truck of for a small community grocery store that was way understaff at 5:00pm, then he was sweeping up at a hair salon at 5:30pm, then he helped the old lady with groceries at 6:30pm.

"Euuugggghhh" was heard from Connor as he was complaining until the lollipop was shoved in his mouth.

"Shut your face, it's not very hero like to complain" said Saitama as he was already bit down and ate his lollipop.

"Unlike you i actually have a right to complain, I'm the one doing all the work" said Connor out of frustraion.

"Your right, I didn't do the jobs you were doing today, because I've been doing the jobs you've been doing for the past weeks" said Saitama as he crossed his arms rocking his signature poker face.

This information taking Connor by surprise as he remembered not seeing saitama around the tower.

"So this is what you've been doing" said Connor as he kinda lowers his head not looking saitama in the eyes.

He was met with a light tap smack to the forehead.

"Lets go, the games about to start" said Saitama catching Connor off guard as saitama took off at super speeds.

Connor followed saitama through jump city going through Town Square, The Finance District, the Harbor, all the way to the suburbs as they made right on time for little league baseball game at Jefferson Park at 7:00pm.

"Really........" said Connor trying to work his way into understanding the baldy as saitama was already on the bleachers with popcorn.

In this point of time Connor was left with a decision, go home and catch a nap and plan a way to get back at the baldy for putting him through all this, or he could sit down and enjoy the game.

But that changed for him when he noticed all the kids on both teams were looking at him with eyes of admiration and excitement.

"Hey Superboy, you going to play" said one of the kids with a big bright smile on his face.

Connor looked between thw kid and saitama as saitama just nodded his head with his own line smile.

With that little encouragement pushing his decision, superboy found himself playing little league baseball with a couple kids with their families in the stand cheering their teams on, that was until Saitama stepped on the field and joined in on the fun as well joining the opposing team making this game a fair play, or so they thought as everyone learned real quick that the caped baldy was absolutely trash at sports.

At least that's what the people thought but Connor saw right through him, he was letting the kids get shots in allowing the balls to pass him, only choosing to hit the balls only Connor passed.

By the time it everyone was done and all the kids and their families left, it was 10:30pm.

"You know they would have more respect for you if they you tried and showed how good you are" said Connor as he was now having a bottle water to drink from.

"Eh, it doesn't really matter to me, as long as they have their fun" said Saitama as he also was drinking from a water bottle.

"I get it" said Connor as he realized what the purpose of everything he did today meant.

He saw the joy in all their faces, the joy of being helped, the joy of building a relationship with others, he understood where he was wrong, he understood that he shouldn't have done what he had done to Hawk and Kara.

He should have been the bigger person and not let what hawk did get the better of him, he should have realized the situation they were in.

Why they were there to begin with.

It was because of them.......

Their well being, their safety, their lives, they were not their to beat Control Freak, they were their to save the people, to protect the people, to save their city.

"It took me a long while to get it too" said Saitama as he looked up toward the moon.

"We were selfish, weren't we......" said Connor as he looked at the moon as well.

"Yes, we were....." spoke saitama as he turned to Connor.

"But now we know where we are......" continued saitama as he walked past Connor to leave back titans tower.

"Home......" said Connor as he turned away from the moon and looked toward titans tower as he joined saitama on their travel back.

To Be Continued.

A/N

Off to bed for me.