Convincing

After the guys and I went inside for class, we couldn't stop laughing. Nothing funny happened, that's the weird part. "Nate, what are you and Miles laughing at?" Our teacher asked. I didn't even know he was in my English class. "N-Nothing." He started to crack up. "Well , maybe our principal will think it's funny." She sneered back at us. I stopped laughing. If my dad found out I was smoking pot with some friends. That wouldn't be good. I looked at Nate. My eyes tried to say, 'Stop. I will get in huge trouble by parents.' But he just kept laughing. The teacher noticed that I stopped. So, now she just focused on Nathan. "We were laughing at a joke our friend Peter told us. Well, we weren't laughing at the joke. We were laughing about how stupid it was." I covered for him. Our teacher nodded, "Very well, but shut it down Nate." Nate immediately stopped laughing. "Yes, ma'am." He looked down at his desk, then looked at me and smiled. I winked at him. Our teacher continued to teach the class, even if she wasn't aware two of her students are very high.

"Want to go smoke up, Miles?" Nate was at my locker door. "Could you be any louder? I'm sure the entire school can hear you." I snapped at him. He was still high. But I was coming down. "Come on." He tried to persuade me to smoke, but I kept resisting. "No. I am not in the mood for getting high again." I looked him straight the eyes. He backed up, then walked away. I straightened my tie, then closed my locker door.

Peter then came up to my door. He then straightened his glasses. "What?" He giggled. "I am still a little high. I wanted to see if it was you, Miles." He handed me a piece of paper. I was confused. "I'm having a party on Friday, you should go. And can you help me invite people, I want it to be big!" I laughed, "Sure, I'll go. But Peter, instead of posters, I'll text the word out." He threw out all the copies. And smiled at me then started running to his locker, (which is downstairs) to probably get his phone.

I sent a text to everybody, even if they still hated me. I sent one to; Adam, Taylor, Tori, Troy, Gabe, Luke, Hunter, Emma, Sanjay, Tara, Damien, David, Sammy, Cheyenne, Rebecca, Ella, Joseph, Hazel, Maddie, Fred, Alex, Amber, Kyle, Max, Quentin, Nancy, and all these other kids on my phone. Then I came across one. Jules. No. After what she did to me? No way. I called Peter. "Don't invite Jules, okay?" He coughed an 'okay'. "Let me take a big guess here. You invited all the guys right?" I could hear Nate talking in the background. "Yeah, I am talking to Nate right now. Why?" I knew he was going to do that. I mean, we are all friends, right? "So is there going to be drinking at your party?" There was a pause of silence. "Yep. Nate is bringing some Scotch. First time drinking?" I nodded even though he couldn't see me. "I am sensing a yes. Don't worry Miles, if you are staying overnight, you will be fine." He convinced me. "I would have to ask my dad first." Nate is probably listening to our whole conversation! "Why bother?" Those words were now in brain. 'Why bother ask your parents?' He is right though. I smirked into the phone, "Yeah, why even bother."