Custody

I was talking to Tristan, about Zoë, and then he walked in. Miles. Cam walking in flooded my mind. He would always come in with some sort of mood. Campbell... But, I looked up and saw Miles gazing down at me like earlier. "Hey, Maya, since I'm new around here...Do you have any good girlfriend recommendations?" He mumbled. "Do you really think I would stick you on some poor, innocent girl?" I joked. "Hmm, don't you mean some extremely lucky girl?" He sat down next to me on the desk. "Oh, like Zoë, who you french-kissed all over France?" I giggled, he laughed. "Yeah, she was a mistake. And, I'm putting that all behind me." Tristan looked up from us. "Wow, literally." We both followed Tristan's eyes. There she was. The evil monster who spilled wine all over my dress, that I could return thankfully! "Surprise much?" Miles sighed. "You're at Degrassi now? Perfect!" As much as his sarcasm was powerful, the awkward silence was overtopping it. "So, this is awkward, right? I can feel it in my bones." He was right. It was. Miles sat down, so did I. I looked back at him, he looked at me. I looked away, but I couldn't help but smile. Oh, the class ended with our teacher covered in Zoë's Frap.

When 5th period was over, Zoë caught us in the hallway. By us, I mean, Tris, Miles, and I. We were talking about Tristan, and Miles trying out for basketball. Not to be offensive, but I couldn't see Tristan as a basketball player. "Try-outs? Maybe I can cheer you guys on." Miles spun around, and got in her face. "Let me put this TV terms for you. I don't do re-runs. Especially like mean bithces like you." He spun back around, Tristan did his best to hold in a laugh. I said nothing. I was afraid to. That was low even for Miles to say. Never mind, Paris just trailed into my brain. But, still. She was just trying to approach friendly. I have no idea what to do. Miles and Tris were at the edge of the hallway waiting for me. Zoë just glared at me. I smiled at her, and left with the boys. I felt bad, but what she did to me in Paris, I will never let go.