Wake Up To Reality

I rolled around in my bed. I was in a dream. I could tell because of the dreary walls. "Maya." A voice called out. "Huh?" I looked around and saw no one. "It's okay. It's going to be okay." It whispered. It felt like it was whispering in my ears. "Who are you? And where am I?" The strange voice sighed. "You're in a dream, I don't know how long we have. We need to talk. You might figure out who I am soon. I am so sorry." No. This is a dream it isn't real. Right? "Technically, no, it is not real. But it sort of is. I mean, I really wanted to talk to you. Since I never got a chance to..." He left off there. "You can read my thoughts?" It made a yes sound. "Oh yeah this is kind of yourself wanting to hear me and see me again. But, it kind of isn't in a way." I looked down. No. It isn't. It can't be. No. I see so,etching out of the corner of my eye. No! I turn around and see him. No! No! No! I stomped I slowly start to turn around. I see him. I don't believe it. It is. I don't want to believe it. But it's true. Cam.

"What do you want?" He walks up to me and shakes his head. "I'm just apart of your imagination. Somewhat." I raised my one eyebrow. "Somewhat?" I crossed my arms. "I am part of your imagination. But my spirit is in your mind. If that makes sense." I felt so uncomfortable. It was Cam, sort of. He started talking me about all this boring stuff. "Why did you leave me?" I interrupted, not listening. He didn't answer. "Come on, you come here for no reason right." I shot a glare at him. "Maya, you had no idea what I was going through." I shook my head. "Was I too much for you." He showed his teeth like a dog. "I tried to be nice, but that didn't work I guess. I left because, everyone on the hockey team was teasing me! I was 7,000 freaking miles away from my family! I sucked at school! Zig said to make you happy I should get out of your life, forever! I did. I held up a gun up to head and pulled the trigger. And now he's happy, everyone is happy!" He was holding onto my hands. I let go. "Campbell, I am not happy! Do you think I will ever be happy because of this? My boyfriend, who I truly loved!? A text. One text Cam, and then you we're dead!" I started to cry. He hugged me quick. "I am sorry. I couldn't take it all." He dug his face into my shoulder. I missed his hugs. His warm hugs. I wanted to kiss him so bad, but it was just a dream. It's his spirit. I believed it, and knew it too. "I miss you and love you so much, Maya." He took some of my hair and curled it behind my ear. I took a step back. "You could of stayed. I could of helped you." He looked up. "I have to go. I guess this is goodbye." I shook my head. He started to turn a ghostly color. I started to run away from him and the thought of him. No! He didn't stay! Remember that! He is just a lie! So was his life I guess. I sat down and shook my head. All the pressure ran to my head. The words repeated I'm my head, 'I miss you and love so much, Maya!" Liar! He would of stayed if he really loved me. I kept trying to erase that thought from my memory. It wouldn't go away. No goodbyes.

I woke up and looked around. I checked my phone. It was 4:00 I'm the morning. I shook my head. I thought of Cam. What he tried to say, and what he did say. But there was no goodbyes, we're there. Nope. I started to cry. Go away Cam. You left in reality. Our memories are slowly fading. So just leave me, and my mind alone.