Style

There was a final dinner before our Paris trip was over. Maya, and I were just walking in the rain a few days ago. She didn't talk to me at all since then. I don't know why, but I feel let down by that. I don't like Tris. As a friend I do. But, as a love interest...I'm not gay. Maya, however, she is interesting. She is unique. Zoë, not really. I mean, she's nice, (not really). But, she goes with my style. I guess? That's what Chewy says. I don't know why I listen to him.

I had a tux in line for that night. Our last night. I was in class, like normal. But, when I looked over, Tristan and Maya were squealing about something. Maya would never like a guy like me. I just act like a jerk to her. But, only to get her attention. Why isn't it working? It always worked at my old school.

We had to present our crimes presentation in class today. Of course, Maya and Tristan were together, and presenting today! Their presentation was about humiliation crimes. I was just looking around. Zoë's arm was around my neck. She wanted to kiss, but I pushed her away to listen to Maya. "Miles." I looked all around. I turned back around to see Maya in my face. "You're our example." Tristan pulled me out of my seat, and into the center of the class room. "Those locked in the pillars, would get food tossed in their faces." Tristan put me in the locked stands. "Usually they were idiots." I tried to move my neck, but I couldn't. "Hey!" I said instead, trying to look at Tristan. "Just kidding, Miles. Take a chill pill." He put my head back down. The whole class laughed. The bell rang. As everyone left, I realized I was still in the stands. "Hello?" Tristan and Maya turned back. Maya waved to Tristan to go. But, Zoë was still at the door. Maya came at me with the key. She went down on her knees to talk to me. "You going to unlock me or what?" She grinned. That was a surprise, she smiled! "Why were you so nice to me the other night?" I didn't want to admit to something right now. "Must of caught me on a good day." Her smile grew bigger. Mine started too. "Babe, lunch?" That was Zoë's voice. And, we were having a moment too! "Unlock me." I demanded. I didn't mean to. But, Zoë would be pissed if I didn't go with her.

Maya unlocked me. I looked back at her. Her arms were on top of the stands I was in, and she smiled back. I started to walk with Zoë to lunch. But, I could see Maya's gaze in the corner of my eye.