Erase Me

When Nate started a fire, I never saw him so real before. Like, he's always acting like he is high. Or drunk. Most of the time, he is. But, when I told him that we needed to run, he dashed! But, no one saw us, thankfully. "Miles." Mrs. Rowel called my name. "Huh?" I shook my head from the thought. "What happened when Eleanor got home?" I sat up. "Oh, um. When she got home, her dad was very drunk. And-" An announcement inturupted me. "Miles Hollingsworth, please report to the main office." My teacher pointed to the door, that was my signal to leave. I grabbed my books and left the class.

        I walked in and saw Nate, he was looking down. "Sit." Mr. James said. "Why am I here?" I felt mad. "You're here because of the previous events that happened a few days ago." I had no idea what he was talking about. Then I looked at Nate. He raised his eyebrows. Oh. "Two students saw you two right near the table when it caught on fire." I started to inhale fear and nervousness. "Where?" Nate sat up suddenly. "In the girls bathroom. One told there parents, and they informed me. Do you know how much trouble you guys are in?" He started to sound like my mom. Weird, right. I sighed. "The girl's mom has charged the school $4,000. That bill will be going to your parents." No! What will my parents think?! No. What is my dad going to think, or do!? I breathed heavily. "Miles started it." Nate lied. What! "Is this true Miles?" I shook my head. "No! Nate started it!" He shook his head, "You sound like a four year old. Sorry, Nate, you can go back to class." Nate got up and looked at me. Then smirked. I felt alone. "Miles, you are expelled. I will call your parents." I got up and kicked a chair. "I didn't do it! Nate came at me with a lit lighter!" He got up, he was angry. "The lighter had your finger prints on it. Do not deny it." I slammed the door. When I got out, I kicked one of the shut lockers. I was raging. I started to rome the halls. I saw her. Jules. She looked at me and smirked. "You!" I went up to her. "What, Hollingsworth? Going to light my hair on fire?" She did it! She told! "You told him, didn't you!" She rolled her eyes. "At least, I never get to see you again." That hurt. A lot. "What did I ever do to you?" Jules just flipped her hair and walked off.

        I was sitting in the car. My mom was too busy to pick me up. So, guess who did. My father. I leaned on the car window. I felt empty, no, I was empty. Then I noticed we were in our driveway. "You almost lit the school on fire!" I didn't answer. I couldn't because he would never believe me. "Miles!" he almost yelled into my ear. "Now, you are a real disapointment. You ruined my chances of becoming mayor in this town." I was used to it. "Can't you find somewhere else to become mayor?" I could almost feel the smoke out of his ears. "I'm sorry, okay." He got out of the car, and left the door open for a bit. "Sorry is never good enough. You are lucky. School ends next week." He slammed the door. I reached in my pocket. No, I am not going to smoke up. I checked my phone. Nothing. I wanted to shatter my phone on the ground outside. No one believes me or ever well. I am damaged, and I cannot be repaired.