Troublemaker

When I got home, I tried to be as silent as possible. But, I turned around and saw my mom. "Hi, where were you? And why do you smell like marijuna?" I was past my curfew by like, 20 minutes. And I am still in trouble!? Why? "Okay, I know I am late. But, the guard at the concert who thought I was underaged. So, I went with this guy, who said he could get us backstage-" She inturupted me, "So you went off with a guy on drugs. Clearly, you are not responsible to look after yourself!" No. Please she isn't saying what I think she is saying. "Okay, I know that sounds bad. But, you can't take away Paris from me! Over something so stupid!" We started to argue heavily. "Mom, Tristan, my only friend in the world right now is going to Paris, France. Don't take this away from me, please." She shook her head, "I'm sorry, Maya." I felt rage pileing up in my blood. "I hate you!" I rushed out into the kitchen. "That was a bit harsh." Katie's unamused tone got to me. "He's my only friend in the world right now. And Zoë, is going to take him away from me." She shook her head, just like mom. "You shouldn't say you hate mom. And you went with a guy on drugs. That's a little risky don't you think?" Katie sounded just like her! "You were addicted to pain killers." She looked at me, then back at the dishes. "Like I said before, you are leaving me, so is Tris, Tori, and-" I wiped my small tears. "Just go apologize to mom. I have to pack my stuff for soccer camp. Good night." I waved to her as she went up. I looked at they keys on the table. I looked around quickly. Then I dashed out the door with them jingling in my hand.

"Please say you went out for a jog, and didn't sneak out the house last night!" Katie's stern tone made me roll my eyes. "I slept over at Tristan's house." I looked at Tristan with his red sunglasses. He smiled up at me. "Come home, now! Mom is giving me the third degree. And if you don't get home in, like, 20 minutes-" I shook my head, and rolled my eyes. "Bye Katie!" I hung up. "Mom upset?" Tris asked me. "They think I'm a badass." I took out that credit card Miles gave to me. "Is that, the card that dude gave you last night?" He sounded sassy. "His name is Miles. If my sister and mom think I am a badass, why not be a badass." I looked down at the card, then,up at Tristan. He made a faint laugh. But it was a real one.