Crystal Clear

I opened my cello case. When I opened it, memories came flooding over. The day I found out my boyfriend died. No, he killed himself. But one flashback came back that I will never, ever, forget. Our first kiss. My first kiss. Probably his too. I never really had a girlfriend before. And I didn't, I just didn't know... Then we did it. We kissed. I heard a knock on the band room door. It was Harry. The thought of Cam faded away for a bit. "Hey, oboe girl!" He grinned, even though he got the instrument wrong. "Oh, hey. It's, um, a cello." He smirked. "It's bigger than you are." I looked down at it. "You think it's geeky?" Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him shake his head. "No way. It's cool." He started to play with the C string. "Did you have fun at the party? I did" I nodded, "It was fun." He grinned widly again. "Um, do you want to go to the prop room soon? I hear it's lonely, and quiet." he tried to convince me to go, but I shook my head. "I can't, sorry. I have a big cello audition." He frowned a little bit. "Alright. See you around?" I put on a grin. "Sure." After he left, some old memories broke through. At least Cam was supportive. This charm is for each show you do. Everytime you play a show, I'll get you a new one. I had that charm still at home. I sighed. No, he made a choice. Obviously, a dumb one. But, forget about Cam, you have Harry. 

        I walked into the almost empty room. The judges all sat down when I came in. I was so nervous. I really wanted this, and I needed it too. "Good morning. Or, afternoon." I smiled with my cello in my hand. They nodded and smiled. But, they we're supposed to do that to everyone. "Nice to meet you, Maya. Start with a piece first, then we will do the interview." I nodded. But, what if I'm terrible? What if I mess up? No. No, "what ifs." I can do this. I sat on the chair on the elevated stage. I put my bow on the hard strings. I started to play. 

        After I was done, they grinned at me slightly, and then clapped softly. I stood up. "That was an amazing performance, Maya." I smiled. It wasn't fake, it was a real one. "I'll practice extra hard, if I am lucky enough to be accepted." The director looked unsure. "All of our musicians have to be very committed in all aspects of their lives. Are you farmilar with our code of conduct?" I shook my head. I was very worried and confused. "Miss Matlin, we view all of our participants closely. Did you know that your FaceRange page is not private?" He played the video from last night. No! This was the only thing I had left in my life that was worth something! And screwed it up for myself! I was ashamed. "I didn't think it would matter." I stared at him in sadness. "Everything matters." Does it? Does everything matter? I mean, life matters, doesn't it? Cam got rid of his life so quickly, maybe it doesn't matter. I walked out in pure embarassment.