The Victim Card

It was the opening day for Degrassi. School this time, not Paris. It's orientation day. Winston and I are going to waltz around, looking for cute girls. "Miles!" My mom yelled up the stairs. I look at the clock. "Shit, I'm late!" I quickly get dressed. I hurry on a pair of gray Vans, and ran down stairs.

"I preset your clock." My mom left. "What the hell?!" I looked up from my cereal angrily at her. "Oh, come on Miles, at least you got up this time instead of just staying in bed." I heard Frankie laugh from behind. "Zip it." My mom finished her toast. "See, now it's time to go." She hurried me up from my chair, and grabbed my bag for me. "I can grab my own bag, Mom. I'm not four, you know." Hunter soon enough appeared from the wall edge. "What time is it?" He yawned. I looked at my watch, and laughed. "Eight." His eyes shot wide open. "Shit!" He ran back upstairs. "Sorry dad." I heard him freak out. Then more footsteps up the steps. My dad soon replaced Hunter's spot. "First day of school. Right?" I shrugged, "Uh, orientation day. But, close, I guess." My dad rested his hand on my shoulder. "Well, bud have fun." I smiled for once at my dad, I think he actually meant it. Hunter came down the steps, finally dressed, and grabbed his bag and was already out the door! "Bye" Frankie waved to our parents. After we both grabbed our things, we followed Hunter to Degrassi.

Everybody was everywhere. Kids from freshman to seniors were all around the gym. I spotted Chewy. "Hey man!" He grabbed me, and pulled me close. "Hey..." Chewy laughed, "There's Maya, and Tristan." He pointed out, and winked at me. Weird. I watched them both sit down.

"Hey, I-" The girl walked away. Chewy kept on trying to introduce himself to random girls, that I thought he knew. "Geez, Chewy. You went here for an entire year, and girls don't even know you exist." He rolled his eyes at my remark. "Trust me, none of these girls are worth knowing." We started to walk past Tristan and Maya. I tried not to be subtle. "I don't know, there might be one or two worth checking out." I hinted Maya. Maya glanced up at me as I passed by.

The assembly ended with our 'president' passing out from some pills. Chewy called him, an idiot.